B1 review by Zoom

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Zoom: B1

It is noisy on pretty much every settings except bypass but what can you do? It was only 40 after all. You get some signature sounds built in like Jack Bruce, Flea, Victor Wooten and Stanley Clarke. I was able to emulate with ok accuracy the muse distortion sound and that extra high gain distortion Cliff Burton has going on. As well as use the flanger to accent my melodic playing, and chorus to sound a little thicker. BUT this is digital AND low budget so you can get some really really bad sounds out of it.

With any Digital-linked thing I got bored of it so I won't say it was a great investment but as a bassist you won't use that many effects so it helps to know what to use get this figure out what kind of sound you want and then get the individual pedals. Good for it's price, okay to bad overall.

Very nice I might use it on a gig but again if I gigged I would probably get a better amp that doesn't need me to add a Multi-FX over just to be able to EQ it. It seems sturdy enough though. It could withstand at least a few shows before splitting apart and as it is so small and compact maybe even a little more than that.

After about six months of playing the bass guitar I realized that I need a proper EQ for my amp. At that time I was neck deep into Muse and thought it would be nice to get the fuzz effect. So I got this guy and I can't say I'm dissapointed. As for a lot of things in life except video games which are all the same price, you get what you pay for. It is a 60 worth piece of equipment, good enough for bedroom, band practice and basic gigs. The patches are easy to access and change and with the built in patches you find one that is a little bit like what you are looking for and modify it to suit your precise needs, perfect. Controls are nice and intuitive and it even comes with a card which explains what the letters on the display mean.

risk182
    Great and informative reviews! I am considering buying this, since it looks like the perfect unit for me, but I am really wondering, is the expression pedal on the bx1 really something to get excited about or am I fine just sticking with the b1 and thus saving some money and space in my gig bag? As of now I don't find myself needing an expression pedal but if it really is worth it I might put in a few extra digits to the price. What are your thoughts on this?
    jaxsamdeajay
    can we get the "keyboard bass"type sound with any of these effects in this processor on a guitar???
    jaxsamdeajay