B1X review by Zoom

Zoom: B1X

Price paid: C$ 40

Purchased from: A Friend

For a setup, I use either a Squier Bronco Bass, or a Godin Freeway 4. For an amp, I just use a small Traynor Bass Mate 10. I also often use a Behringer V-Tone Bass BDI 21. Some of the effects are a litte weak, but once and a while for a song, I like that. The the majority of them, though, sound well-done. Aside from my own songs, I like to play Switchfoot, Thousand Foot Krutch, and a bit of Our Lady Peace, and Matchbox 20. The distortion is alright, but almost everything else is awesome.

This thing has a spot to put batteries in at the back, or you can just plug it in with the adapter. One of my only problems with it: I can't figure out how to turn it on with the batteries! I just plug it in anyways. But if you find out how to, please tell me how in the comment section. I play anything from alternative to hard rock to grunge to punk. Its's a good match for all of those. If it were stolen or lost, I would but another one. They are around 85 bucks new. It has some pretty funky effects that are fun to play with, but I wish it had some awesome distortion, instead of just okay.

I got this from a friend, who left it sitting in a room collecting dust because he never used it. I dusted it and did other stuff like that, and it looks good as new. It's fairly dependable. I would use it on a gig without a backup. I've had no problms with it, and have used it almost every day for a few months. It feels a bit light and cheap to me, but I can't complain about operation.

This pedal (it's a B1X), is pretty awesome. You can get a good sound out of it almost without trying at all. For editing effects, it works, but that is't it's strongest suit. It's fairly easy to use, though.

Zeletros
    Oh my ****ing god! Don't tell me you gave this "sound 9", it IS a good beginner pedal, but the sound quality is NOT good at all compared to really good pedals.