B2.1U review by Zoom

Zoom: B2.1U

Purchased from: Eric Lindsey Music

At the moment I am using this with a John Myung Signiture bass, and a Peavey Microbass amplifier. What I can say is that this pedal condisderably boosts the volume coming out of my amp, and with some of the famous amp models (trace elliot, fender bassman) they make a clean sound sound great. There are several sounds which can make me sound like several of my favourite artists, a great slang effect which sound just like Jaco Pastorius, a nice slap sound for Les Claypool, and a really nice wah for playing Bootsy Collins lines. Most distortion models are good, some good wah effects and delay, but my favourite has to be the one modelled on Chris Squire of Yes! a combination of delay and phaser, great! The expression pedal helps a lot aswell to get the sound that you want.

I play lots of styles, metal, rock, jazz, fusion. I have been playing for 3 years. The annoying thing is that the AC adapter did not come supplied with it, I had to buy this seperately. I would buy this again if it was stolen as although it cannot stand up to the big multi effects pedals of Boss and the like, it has got more than enough decent effects for me to buy it again. My favourite part is the large amount of amplifier models available at this budget price.

The pedal seems very sturdy, the sides made from rubber and the actual pedal has a very sturdy case. I have used it live several times, though the only qualm I would have against using it live is that it is occasionaly tricky to skip from one effect to the other quickly and effectively.

Very good to get some good sounds. Some of the distortion models are a bit harsh, but there are some nice overdriven amp sounds such as the model of the tube screamer editing patches proves quite complicated at first, but that is the same with all effects pedals. Once you read the manual supplied it becomes quite clear. A nice addition are the build in drum patterns which can be altered in tempo. While I would never use them to record things (no fills) they are good to play along to to work on keeping in time with the rhythmn section.

Vman666
    Im getting this pedal this week...Ive been looking around at bass pedals and it definitely seems to bring alot to the table when it comes to effects...I went to the local music shop (music xpress for those of you playing at home)...and played the B2...Im very interested in finding my own sound so this pedal will definitely help alot...peace...