MS-60B MultiStomp Bass Pedal Review

8.5
review (1) pictures (3) user comments vote for this gear:
MS-60B MultiStomp Bass Pedal Reviewed by: TeleNikon, on november 02, 2015

Purchased from: ZZounds

Ease of Use: The Zoom MS-60B takes a couple minutes to get used to. It doesn't operate like a typical stomp box where when you step on it, the effect is engaged or defeated. Not so with this unit. Each preset - whether it's a stick preset or one I've made myself - is a chain of uites. In other words, each patch is like a different pedal board. When I step on the footswitch I either turn on or off the currently selected effect in a larger chain. So if I had a patch that included COMPRESSOR > DIST > DELAY and the DELAY is the effect currently highlighted, the delay will turn on or off, not the COMP or the DIST.

The fact that this pedal also has a tuner is just icing on the cake. Step mon the switch for 2 seconds, the sound mutes and you're in tuner mode. Even this setting is switchable to a tap delay if you want. This unit is extraordinarily easy to use considering everything it offers. // 10

Sound: The effects in the Zoom MS-60B bass pedal are practically indistinguishable from the actual individual stomp boxes this unit emulates. Extraordinary. The compressors are warm, tight, round and thumpy. The delays and reverbs are lush, the modulation effects are elegant and full. The EQ's are accurate, easy to use. The noise gate steps down a little in volume as it decays but it's unnoticeable in a gig setting.

My main patch goes like this: NOISE GATE > COMPRESSOR > GRAPHIC EQ. First of all I want to say that any ONE of those three effects in my patch, if bought as separate stomp boxes would cost at least a couple hundred dollars if I was buying cheap or used stuff. It could easily cost hundreds more if I were buying new or boutique stuff. This blows my mind because the MS-60B is less than $100 and has like fifty-something MORE effects in it beyond my fave three. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Been using the Zoom MS-60B in rehearsals 2-4 nights a week and gigs 1-3 nights a week for about a year and a half. Week in and week out. This unit is a soldier. Has never failed. It does virtually everything I want. I replaced nearly my entire pedal board with this unit, the Zoom MS-60B. The only pedal I use in addition to the MS-60B is the EH Crying Wah. Because it's a rockable pedal. The MS-60B has bass wah in it, but I personally like using an actual rock-able pedal when I wah. This pedal has been used in countless gigs and rehearsals and has never done anything but work perfectly. // 10

Overall Impression: This pedal will accommodate EVERY kind of music and playing style. It contains nearly any effect I could ever want. If this Zoom MS-60B ever fails on me them I will replace it with another immediately. It's an integral part of what I do as a bass player.I play bass in a psychedelic rock band and this pedal covers it and then some. I should add that I've also customized it to accommodate gigs I play as an acoustic guitar player and it works flawlessly. I could not recommend a product more highly or enthusiastically. // 10

Comments