AB2 review by Ashton

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Ashton: AB2

Well, I play punk rock rock and metal but it suits that style just fine. But it gets really annoying because of the buzz on the D string and when you go passed the 12 fret other than that a good bass for a beginner.

If it were stolen I wouldn't but this one due to many other better products such as an Ibanez SR100 and a Yamaha RBX170. But for beginners its all right but not as good as the Ibanez and the Yamaha.

I give it this, it will last in a gig and I've never had to use a backup (I can't 'cause I haven't got one) the strap buttons seem to be pretty good.

The factory set it up pretty well but it does have fairly poor pickups so I got Fender P-Bass ones for mine. Another thing is that on mine it had a poorly cut nut and the finish on the side started to wear in the first month I had it.

I'm not sure what year it was made in but its got 20 medium frets. Maple nech with a rosewood fretboard, passive electronics, tone and volume controls with P Bass style pickups. Finished in either black cherry red or blue. - Basswood body - Rosewood fingerboard - 20 fret maple neck - Chrome hardware - Standard bridge - Die-Cast machine heads - AP pickup - Vol/tone controls - Metal knobs.

aMbival3nt
    punksucks666 wrote: **** thoes off, my first bass and it sucked, i hated it so much after a gig at ma school i smashed it over the steps near da cantien.....felt good
    Damn dude, you're so hardcore
    punksucks666
    punk_isntemo12
    hehehe funny. where the hell is Mindarie?? the bass sounds ok from what youv said, but i wouldnt buy it. get yourself sumthin better.
    Wratheh
    Nice bass for beginners like myself. As said, the D string does like to play itself but if you're quick enough at muting it's no biggie.