Bronze Series Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Bronze Series Warlock

This sound is just what I was hoping for. It's more of a rich full sound, and sounds great when it's loaded with distortion, synth wah, or if it's just played on any old amp. Even if you're not looking for a metal bass, with slight tone adjustments, this also makes a good jazz bass. I play it in my jazz band at school and the tone is perfect for what we play.

Overall, this is a very good bass. I play primarily jazz and metal, and it works very well for both of those. It would also work well for playing Led Zeppelin or The Who style, because it has a very firm sound. Another category where this gets major points is value. I got this bass for a low price and it has worked for me very well. And I picked this over other basses a few years ago because my price range than wasn't very high, and for the other basses in the prize range this was my favorite, and even now I love to play with this bass. My favorite things about this bass are the look, the neck, and the tone. I've been playing for about three and a half years, and this is still my favorite bass to play with.

The reliability and durability of this bass is great. While playing it certainly would not give out on you. The straps stay on perfectly well, and it's built very solid. However, for actually playing a concert, there's a problem: this bass is HEAVY. It's a lot heavier than most basses. It would sound great during gig, but depending on how long it is it might get too heavy. For example, I couldn't see someone bearing the weight for a two hour concert. If it was just half an hour or an hour you'd be fine. This also depends on your size. I only weigh about 125, so for heavier people it might be fine. You might only have to do it for certain songs, or maybe it's just because I'm light, but I don't know if you could carry this bass through a whole concert.

The guitar was set up well at the factory. I haven't had to make any adjustments due to fret buzzing or anything of the sort. The bridge and pickups were put on nicely, and the frets are perfect indeed. The only flaw I can find as far as the finish is very small, but there nonetheless. As I said earlier, the paint on the bottom chips rather easily. While it's in a spot where it won't be noticed, it still bothers me because it's my bass.

I like that this guitar had 24 frets. I think every bass should have that. That's the only reason I don't have a Fender jazz (20 frets) and another great thing about this bass is the neck. It's the perfect smoothness for playing. I don't know the kind of wood, but it is good. My only complaint about that is that the paint on the bottom started chipping after not long at all. I've had this bass for about three years, and everything still works well. It has two knobs, one for volume and one for tune (high treble, high bass) And the tuners work rather well. It holds tune for longer than most basses I've had. It came with just the bass, but it was a good price.

avenged24
    nice review i love this bass i bought one about 5 months ago and it was love at first site the only flaw is the paint on the bottom spike (mine are now yellow)
    IPLAYBASS34
    I Have One Myself And Would Reccomend It To Anyone Other Than A Few Chips And Scrtaches In The Paint (Which I Admittedly Am To Blame For) It Is Perfect.
    skwelcher
    i just scored this bass for a hundred bucks off guitar centers used section. HYAAAH!!!!!
    B.C.RichRulz
    I got the B.C.Rich Warlock Revenge its pretty much the exact same exept it has a different pick up and it says Revenge on the head.its great i love it, nice review i really liked it.
    THE_NEXT_ROOT
    this bass is well made. my bassist uses this bass and i also have played it. ive samples alot of basses and used to own a fender squire bass, dean playmate, and a fender jazz and this beats all. my bassist is just a beginner and this is a slightly more advanced bass. however, this is good in the way when you do progress from a beginner to around intermediate(there is no visable physical way to see the change from nube to better), you wont be dissapointed with a crappy starter bass. two thumbs up
    seitengewehr
    The bass is goood only for learning and begining. It has absolutely no HIs and Mids, omly the low end of sound. And the materials could be batter. Basswood is not a good thing to make a bass from. Played the Warlock for 2 years and glad, that I sold it
    widownz
    The Bronze Warlocks were only meant as a entry level bass but they perform well and with a few changes (change to active seymore's and a badass2 bridge)they can still be gigged.I use mine as a back up for my 5 string Widow (when I forget to change my Batteries . Great bass for beginners as not to heavy either but like all BC Rich basses has a wicked neck dive.
    Gessu
    i have this bass... It has worst pickups, made from the worst wood that is possible and sound is.... Absolutely shit