Bronze Series Warlock review by B.C. Rich

• Reviewer's score: 5.2 Decent
B.C. Rich: Bronze Series Warlock

Purchased from: Local store

At that time I played extreme genres - black and death metal. As You could guess, I bought this bass for the looks. BIG mistake... You can't play nothing heavy on this stick. It's made of basswood, which is not so bad for electric guitars, but is just horrid for basses. The sound is just flat, with no character at all. You could ask: "What about hi and mid?" Nothing! They don't exist! I've tried several Warlocks and the situation is the same. 0 and 10 on the amp sound the same. You don't have any versatility with this instrument. A lot of people will say, that I would need to change the pick-ups, but it's worthless. I've tried it with several amps and pedals. I dare You... Never try to play it with distortion or over drive. It's horrible.

Should I tell You about my impression after the "I sold it and I'm happy" line? I played and entry level LTD, which is in the same price range or close to it, and the B.C is nothing, just nothing, compared to it. Would never recommend this bass. It looks cool, but can not keep up with the looks. I'm sorry for the person, who bought it from me. But well, that's how business works, You want to sell it, You'll give good advertising.

I played live with it and never head problems. My cheapo-B.C. Rich was quietly well built. But still, it nothing compared to the awful sound. I had the bass for 2 or 3 years, I guess, and sold it in ideal condition. No dents-no nothing. When I played it live, I had no problems with the bass and had no back-up. But still I had to make myself quite, so nobody could hear me playing. So I was on the stage just for the show.

It was set-up pretty good. Everything in it's place. Actually I have nothing to say here. The shop-keepers tuned and set everything up perfectly, and since the guitar was brand new, there were no flaws. The only thing I had to change were the strings, since I played in B, but that's not the guitars problem.

I bought this bass in 2007. Was never really interested about it's origin, but I guess it was manufactured in China (it has to be!). The features from the B.C Rich's website: - Construction: Bolt-On - Body Wood: Basswood - Top Style: Beveled - Headstock Style: 4 In Line Pointed - Headstock Color: Matched - Tuners: B.C. Rich Diecast - Neck Wood: Maple - Neck Radius: 12" - Nut Width: 43mm - Fretboard: Rosewood - Inlay: Dots - Frets: 24 jumbo - Scale: 34" - Bridge Type: Adjustable Stop - Pickups: BC Rich B.S.D.M. - Controls: 1 volume and 1 tone - Hardware: Chrome - Finish: Onyx I had the same, except I had a Widow headstock. Well, look enough for a entry level bass? I thought so.