Bronze Series Warlock Review

manufacturer: B.C. Rich date: 07/13/2012 category: Bass Guitars
B.C. Rich: Bronze Series Warlock
Due to popular request, the B.C. Rich Warlock bass has been added to their Bronze Series. Now players can get the sound, look and feel of a genuine B.C. Rich bass guitar at a price that is affordable to everyone.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.5
 Features: 7.7
 7.4
 7.9
 6.9
 5,332
reviews (4) pictures (1) 28 comments vote for this gear:
Bronze Series Warlock Reviewed by: bassplayer496, on july 28, 2008

Features: I like that this guitar had 24 frets. I think every bass should have that. That's the only reason I don't have a Fender jazz (20 frets) and another great thing about this bass is the neck. It's the perfect smoothness for playing. I don't know the kind of wood, but it is good. My only complaint about that is that the paint on the bottom started chipping after not long at all. I've had this bass for about three years, and everything still works well. It has two knobs, one for volume and one for tune (high treble, high bass) And the tuners work rather well. It holds tune for longer than most basses I've had. It came with just the bass, but it was a good price. // 8

Sound: This sound is just what I was hoping for. It's more of a rich full sound, and sounds great when it's loaded with distortion, synth wah, or if it's just played on any old amp. Even if you're not looking for a metal bass, with slight tone adjustments, this also makes a good jazz bass. I play it in my jazz band at school and the tone is perfect for what we play. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up well at the factory. I haven't had to make any adjustments due to fret buzzing or anything of the sort. The bridge and pickups were put on nicely, and the frets are perfect indeed. The only flaw I can find as far as the finish is very small, but there nonetheless. As I said earlier, the paint on the bottom chips rather easily. While it's in a spot where it won't be noticed, it still bothers me because it's my bass. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The reliability and durability of this bass is great. While playing it certainly would not give out on you. The straps stay on perfectly well, and it's built very solid. However, for actually playing a concert, there's a problem: this bass is HEAVY. It's a lot heavier than most basses. It would sound great during gig, but depending on how long it is it might get too heavy. For example, I couldn't see someone bearing the weight for a two hour concert. If it was just half an hour or an hour you'd be fine. This also depends on your size. I only weigh about 125, so for heavier people it might be fine. You might only have to do it for certain songs, or maybe it's just because I'm light, but I don't know if you could carry this bass through a whole concert. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, this is a very good bass. I play primarily jazz and metal, and it works very well for both of those. It would also work well for playing Led Zeppelin or The Who style, because it has a very firm sound. Another category where this gets major points is value. I got this bass for a low price and it has worked for me very well. And I picked this over other basses a few years ago because my price range than wasn't very high, and for the other basses in the prize range this was my favorite, and even now I love to play with this bass. My favorite things about this bass are the look, the neck, and the tone. I've been playing for about three and a half years, and this is still my favorite bass to play with. // 9

Bronze Series Warlock Reviewed by: Rattlehead666, on january 03, 2006

Features: This bass was made in the year 2004. It was made in China. It has 24 jumble frets and a 34" scale lengh. It has a solid top. This bass has a agathis body, rosewood fretboard and a maple bolt on neck. Her finish is metallic red but the neck is not painted. It has an adjustable bridge. I am not sure if the electronis are active or passive. The bass has 1 volume control and 1 tone control. The tuners on this bass are BC Rich Sealed tuners. The pickup on this bass is a single B\.C\. Rich P-style pickup. She came with a cable and that was it unles u want to count the box. // 10

Sound: The style of music I play with this bass is metal. It suits my genre of music perfectly. The amplifier that I'm using with thei bass is a Traynor Bass Mate 25 and the pedal I use with it is a Boss ODB-3. it is noisy when you put the equalizers on max on the Boss pedal. Other than that is has excellent sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up great at the factory better than wat my Epiphone SG was. The pickups are great. The bridge was routed perfectly. This guitar didn't contain not 1 flaw. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This bass will withstand live playing. The hardware seems like it will last. The strap buttons are solid. I can depend on it and I would use it in a gig with out backup because it's the onyl bass I got but I'm saving up now for a Dean ZBX. The finish is good enough to last. // 10

Overall Impression: Like I said it's a good match for the music style I play. Some music from bands that I play on this bass are Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Anthrax, Black Label Society, Lamb Of God, Black Sabbath and Motorhead. I've been playing bass for about 6 days and I already can play all of Holy Wars The Punishment Due and most of (Anesthesia)-Pulling Teeth. I think this is a great product. If this were stolen I would find the person and me and my two friends who one got a Jackson V and a Washburn V will poke the guy senseless with our instruments. I love everything about this bass and I hate nothing of this bass. I compared this to a Squire, and a Silvertone bass. This bass looks better and it had more frets then the other two. I wish this bass came with a coffin case but I'm getting a coffin case soon and I also wish that I had a wah pedal for my bass. The B. C. Rich Bronze Series Warlock is a great bass to have. // 10

Bronze Series Warlock Reviewed by: Urban1ninja, on march 27, 2008

Sound: I think it has a pretty well rounded sound, making it suitable for most styles. I play ska, and although the bass doesnt't look like it should be in a ska band but it can produce a nice tone and that's really what's important. I run it through a Crate BT25 right now, and it sounds good cause the bt25 has nice built-in effects (tuner, distortion, octaver). When I get the money for either a Zoom B2.1U or a Boss cs-3 so I can get a nice smooth compressed sound. I'm not so sure how exactly this sounds compared to other bass amps cause the two amps I own are both crates (BT25 and GT10). // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought it used so I can't judge on how it was straight from the factory. when I got the bass, the presence knob was very loose and didn't work, but by removing the knob and tightening the nut, the problem was fixed. also the knobs are really nice! they look really good against the back body, cause they are like chrome-ish. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This is my first bass. I used it at a gig recently and it was fine. I would use it without a backup cause I don't have a back up. strap buttons are solid. I think this will last me a good while. By then I'll have already gotten a second axe (there's a charecter minimum that needs to be filled here, basicly ignore this). // 9

Overall Impression: I choose this one cause when I got my first guitar I was eyeing the guitar version of this. but then when I dumped guitar for bass, I really wanted a bass that wasn't generic and wasn't too expensive, so I choose this one. If I lost it or it got stolen, I would probally buy a warlock bass but probally not a bronze. I didn't like the headstocks of the other warlock models but I might just get one of them if I was gonna buy another warlock. I've been playing bass for bout a year. I don't have a favorite feature cause there aren't any other than a standard bass that looks sick. I wish it was a little more comfortable to play when sitting (there's a edge where you would rest your arm) also it's a little heavy when playing standing up. So I wish it was a little more comfortable to play. Other than that it's perfect. // 8

Bronze Series Warlock Reviewed by: seitengewehr, on july 13, 2012

Purchased from: Local store

Features: I bought this bass in 2007. Was never really interested about it's origin, but I guess it was manufactured in China (it has to be!). The features from the B.C Rich's website: - Construction: Bolt-On - Body Wood: Basswood - Top Style: Beveled - Headstock Style: 4 In Line Pointed - Headstock Color: Matched - Tuners: B.C. Rich Diecast - Neck Wood: Maple - Neck Radius: 12" - Nut Width: 43mm - Fretboard: Rosewood - Inlay: Dots - Frets: 24 jumbo - Scale: 34" - Bridge Type: Adjustable Stop - Pickups: BC Rich B.S.D.M. - Controls: 1 volume and 1 tone - Hardware: Chrome - Finish: Onyx I had the same, except I had a Widow headstock. Well, look enough for a entry level bass? I thought so. // 5

Sound: At that time I played extreme genres - black and death metal. As You could guess, I bought this bass for the looks. BIG mistake... You can't play nothing heavy on this stick. It's made of basswood, which is not so bad for electric guitars, but is just horrid for basses. The sound is just flat, with no character at all. You could ask: "What about hi and mid?" Nothing! They don't exist! I've tried several Warlocks and the situation is the same. 0 and 10 on the amp sound the same. You don't have any versatility with this instrument. A lot of people will say, that I would need to change the pick-ups, but it's worthless. I've tried it with several amps and pedals. I dare You... Never try to play it with distortion or over drive. It's horrible. // 4

Action, Fit & Finish: It was set-up pretty good. Everything in it's place. Actually I have nothing to say here. The shop-keepers tuned and set everything up perfectly, and since the guitar was brand new, there were no flaws. The only thing I had to change were the strings, since I played in B, but that's not the guitars problem. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I played live with it and never head problems. My cheapo-B.C. Rich was quietly well built. But still, it nothing compared to the awful sound. I had the bass for 2 or 3 years, I guess, and sold it in ideal condition. No dents-no nothing. When I played it live, I had no problems with the bass and had no back-up. But still I had to make myself quite, so nobody could hear me playing. So I was on the stage just for the show. // 5

Overall Impression: Should I tell You about my impression after the "I sold it and I'm happy" line? I played and entry level LTD, which is in the same price range or close to it, and the B.C is nothing, just nothing, compared to it. Would never recommend this bass. It looks cool, but can not keep up with the looks. I'm sorry for the person, who bought it from me. But well, that's how business works, You want to sell it, You'll give good advertising. // 4

Comments