Paolo Gregoletto Signature Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Paolo Gregoletto Signature Warlock

Purchased from: Dean Johnsons music,inc

This bass suits my musical style down to a tea, I play mainly metal so even the general design of the bass suits me, I play through an Ashdown Abm 410T cabinet and Ashdown mag evo iii head, this bass can make many differnt sounds by just messing around with the knobs on it, the bass isnt noisy, its rather quite dispite its active electronics.

My overall impression of this bass was that it was a perfect match for me and my playing style, I've been playing bass now for little over 3 years, it matches well with my other gear(Ashdown Abm 410T cabinet, Ashdown Mag evo iii head, Jim Dunlop bass wah, boss bsu distortion pedal)there's nothing else that I wanted to ask about this bass before I bought it, if it was to be stolen I would definetly buy another one (allthough it would cost alot to restore the original as it has EMG 40dc's installed as well as a Leo quan "Badass" bass bridge and custom wiring suited to my needs), I love pretty much everything about this bass except the fact it has some neck dive, I did compare this bass to other bc rich models and I found this to be off better quality than other models, and anything that I wish this bass had when I first bought it, it now has, so overall I would give this bass a 9/10 for the simple factor of the neckdive preventing a perfect 10.

I believe that this bass would survive live playing as it is extremely well built(I've dropped it a few times), the hardware will definetly last as again the bass is well built, the strap buttons were sound when I got them but to be on the safe side I have installed DiMarzio straplocks, I can depend on this bass and I wouldn't bring a backup with me as it is very dependable, the finish seems it will last, however it did chip a little when I droped it.

The guitar when I recieved it was not set up well as it had some quite bad fret buzz around the 8th fret on the A string(this was easily rectified by changing the strings) The pickups were great(however I did swap them out for EMG 40 dc's) The bridge was setup great with the action being the perfect height, the bass in general didn't contain any flaws apart from the kink in the strings, everthing else on this was set up nicely.

I'm not sure when this bass was made I'm guessing around 08 and was made in china and I have it about a year, it features a Basswood body with Bolt-on neck, Ebony fretboard(which feels amazing to play), Reversed headstock(looks awesome)it also features active electronics 2 bc rich humbuckers bc rich die cast tuners 24 jumbo frets a 34" scale and an adjustable stop bridge.

Grim_eats_jebus
    Mikewazousky
    Conformist wrote: The grammar nazi in me squeeled. Seems a solid bass though.
    Ahh the irony. Sweet lookin' bass that is.
    Sabot-7
    Nu Dead Bassist
    rickyj wrote: Conformist wrote: The grammar nazi in me squeeled. Seems a solid bass though. sorry about that ,but english isnt my first language i know me too. reviewer, for future reference, dont make everything 1 long sentence. you used commas instead of breaking things up into different sentences.
    Nu Dead Bassist
    JasminMehinagic wrote: sorry to double post...If it had the I "heart" Me sticker it would of been a 10/10
    I added the sticker myself
    rickyj wrote Conformist wrote: The grammar nazi in me squeeled. Seems a solid bass though. i know me too. reviewer, for future reference, dont make everything 1 long sentence. you used commas instead of breaking things up into different sentences.
    and sorry about that ,but english isnt my first language
    AnnihilationUK
    Grim_eats_jebus wrote: Wow ive never had a BC rich but this guitar looks AWESOME! Ive never seen one in britian b4 but i only shoped at ike 15 different music stores...I think i shall try n find one of these
    They sell them in GuitarGuitar in Glasgow and Manchester
    Metalology
    Mikewazousky wrote: Conformist wrote: The grammar nazi in me squeeled. Seems a solid bass though. Ahh the irony. Sweet lookin' bass that is.
    No kidding. Also, I love the picture of Paolo with this beast on BC's site.
    rickyj
    Conformist wrote: The grammar nazi in me squeeled. Seems a solid bass though.
    SOADriff
    Nu Dead Bassist
    [Azrael] wrote: I think it might be better to review the stock model, rather than reviewing yours with all the changes that you've made to it :/
    Hey dude ,that is a review of the stock model ,ive only recently installed the new bridge and pups ,The bass would last on the stock equipment ,I just mentioned some flaws that were on it when it arrived and how i rectified it by switching out the strings ,that was all ,untill i could afford to by the emgs
    TrabenBassist22
    doive wrote: So the action was dodgy and you had to change to the pickups out - and you still give it an 8 for setup?
    He said the action was perfect and he said the pickups were great, he changed them to something he liked more.
    [Azrael]
    Karleth666
    This bass is amazing! I own one and I use it as often as possible! I even had a stroke of good luck a few weeks ago and met Trivium, resulting in my Warlock being signed by Paolo himself!
    consecutive e
    SOADriff wrote: If paolo takes this thing on tour with him, it's definitely road worthy. It growled like **** when i saw trivium.
    I highly doubt his is a chinese made model.
    doive
    Sabot-7
    I've been playing BASS for 30 years.
    Sabot-7 wrote: My overall impression of this bass was that it was a perfect match for me and my playing style, I've been playing bass now for little over 3 years
    Well.....I've been playing bass for 30 years. Used to play with ORIGIN as if it matters... I have the 4 string model. Word to the wise or new to BC Riches,a little electrical tape on the piints goes a long way, straplocks BEFORE you even stand up with it on. Plays well. Tunes down to a C flat, with a little truss adjust = NO BUZZ! I play through a Line-6 750 head and 4 Peavey 12s. My only "Con" about this bass is that it should be avalible in black with white binding. Oh, and BC Rich was sold by Bernies' dumbass son, so don't expect the same BCR I/we have been used to. BUT, this bass IS worth what I paid new. Get it.