Paolo Gregoletto Signature Warlock review by B.C. Rich

B.C. Rich: Paolo Gregoletto Signature Warlock

Purchased from: PMT Norwich

I play mostly Metalcore (Mostly Trivium), thrash, speed and death metal and a little bit of classic rock and for all these genres the bass Kicks Ass! It is truly a beast. I play it through either a Hiwatt Maxwatt 15 watt practise amp or a Ashdown Mag 300 II 300 watt head complete with a Ashdown 410T Deep 450 watt bass cab, and it sounds brilliant I can EQ it to any Metallica albums stats and most importantly the Megadeth Rust In Peace bass tone. If you play metal or even rock this is the bass for You!

Overall I would say this is an amazing bass especially for the price I payed for it, and if your looking for a 5 string bass for all types of metal and a little bit off rock and funk you can't go wrong with this bass the stock pickups are good to say at the least and the hardware, finish, looks and EQ system are fantastic.

First of all I would like to say I have not gigged this bass but plan to soon, and if I was gonna gig it I would not bring a backup because it is so god damn reliable. The finish as I said before has no faults and neither does the hardware. As whenever I buy a bass the first thing I do is change the strap buttons for strap locks as I like to be sure it wont fall off the strap buttons even though on first look the stock ones look pretty sturdy.

When I got the bass and took it out of the box I was stunned, the bass looked Kick Ass! The finish was perfect and had no dark spots or poor craftsmanship. The body was very nicely made and looked Killer in the warlock shape. The pickups came setup well and I have no complaints about the quality of them, but when I got the bass there was quite alot but I had the action and the neck tweaked slightly and now it plays like a dream. The only one thing I would change about the bass wass the stock strings it came with even though they were earnie balls they were not very good and I quickly swapped them out for some Rotosound Swing Basses, but apart form that the bass is completely stock with the exception of straplocks also.

This bass is a 5 string with 35 inch scale, mahogany neck with ebony fretboard and basswood body. It features 2 active BC Rich BDSM (Broad Dynamic Sonically Matched) humbucker pickups and a 3 band active eq system (Treble, Bass and Blend). It has BC Rich machine heads and bridge. It comes in a beautiful white finish that is pretty tough and black beveled body which is also neat and tough.

Callus1
    Conformist wrote: The grammar nazi in me squeeled. Seems a solid bass though.
    *Nazi. *Squealed. It apparently wasn't squealing loud enough...