Paolo Gregoletto Signature Warlock Review

manufacturer: B.C. Rich date: 06/22/2010 category: Bass Guitars
B.C. Rich: Paolo Gregoletto Signature Warlock
I'm not sure when this bass was made I'm guessing around 08 and was made in china and I have it about a year.
 8.4
 7.8
 2,211
reviews (2) pictures (1) 22 comments vote for this gear:
Paolo Gregoletto Signature Warlock Reviewed by: Nu Dead Bassist, on april 07, 2010

Purchased from: Dean Johnsons music,inc

Features: I'm not sure when this bass was made I'm guessing around 08 and was made in china and I have it about a year, it features a Basswood body with Bolt-on neck, Ebony fretboard(which feels amazing to play), Reversed headstock(looks awesome)it also features active electronics 2 bc rich humbuckers bc rich die cast tuners 24 jumbo frets a 34" scale and an adjustable stop bridge. // 10

Sound: This bass suits my musical style down to a tea, I play mainly metal so even the general design of the bass suits me, I play through an Ashdown Abm 410T cabinet and Ashdown mag evo iii head, this bass can make many differnt sounds by just messing around with the knobs on it, the bass isnt noisy, its rather quite dispite its active electronics. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar when I recieved it was not set up well as it had some quite bad fret buzz around the 8th fret on the A string(this was easily rectified by changing the strings) The pickups were great(however I did swap them out for EMG 40 dc's) The bridge was setup great with the action being the perfect height, the bass in general didn't contain any flaws apart from the kink in the strings, everthing else on this was set up nicely. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I believe that this bass would survive live playing as it is extremely well built(I've dropped it a few times), the hardware will definetly last as again the bass is well built, the strap buttons were sound when I got them but to be on the safe side I have installed DiMarzio straplocks, I can depend on this bass and I wouldn't bring a backup with me as it is very dependable, the finish seems it will last, however it did chip a little when I droped it. // 8

Overall Impression: My overall impression of this bass was that it was a perfect match for me and my playing style, I've been playing bass now for little over 3 years, it matches well with my other gear(Ashdown Abm 410T cabinet, Ashdown Mag evo iii head, Jim Dunlop bass wah, boss bsu distortion pedal)there's nothing else that I wanted to ask about this bass before I bought it, if it was to be stolen I would definetly buy another one (allthough it would cost alot to restore the original as it has EMG 40dc's installed as well as a Leo quan "Badass" bass bridge and custom wiring suited to my needs), I love pretty much everything about this bass except the fact it has some neck dive, I did compare this bass to other bc rich models and I found this to be off better quality than other models, and anything that I wish this bass had when I first bought it, it now has, so overall I would give this bass a 9/10 for the simple factor of the neckdive preventing a perfect 10. // 9

Paolo Gregoletto Signature Warlock Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 22, 2010

Purchased from: PMT Norwich

Features: This bass is a 5 string with 35 inch scale, mahogany neck with ebony fretboard and basswood body. It features 2 active BC Rich BDSM (Broad Dynamic Sonically Matched) humbucker pickups and a 3 band active eq system (Treble, Bass and Blend). It has BC Rich machine heads and bridge. It comes in a beautiful white finish that is pretty tough and black beveled body which is also neat and tough. // 8

Sound: I play mostly Metalcore (Mostly Trivium), thrash, speed and death metal and a little bit of classic rock and for all these genres the bass Kicks Ass! It is truly a beast. I play it through either a Hiwatt Maxwatt 15 watt practise amp or a Ashdown Mag 300 II 300 watt head complete with a Ashdown 410T Deep 450 watt bass cab, and it sounds brilliant I can EQ it to any Metallica albums stats and most importantly the Megadeth Rust In Peace bass tone. If you play metal or even rock this is the bass for You! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got the bass and took it out of the box I was stunned, the bass looked Kick Ass! The finish was perfect and had no dark spots or poor craftsmanship. The body was very nicely made and looked Killer in the warlock shape. The pickups came setup well and I have no complaints about the quality of them, but when I got the bass there was quite alot but I had the action and the neck tweaked slightly and now it plays like a dream. The only one thing I would change about the bass wass the stock strings it came with even though they were earnie balls they were not very good and I quickly swapped them out for some Rotosound Swing Basses, but apart form that the bass is completely stock with the exception of straplocks also. // 8

Reliability & Durability: First of all I would like to say I have not gigged this bass but plan to soon, and if I was gonna gig it I would not bring a backup because it is so god damn reliable. The finish as I said before has no faults and neither does the hardware. As whenever I buy a bass the first thing I do is change the strap buttons for strap locks as I like to be sure it wont fall off the strap buttons even though on first look the stock ones look pretty sturdy. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall I would say this is an amazing bass especially for the price I payed for it, and if your looking for a 5 string bass for all types of metal and a little bit off rock and funk you can't go wrong with this bass the stock pickups are good to say at the least and the hardware, finish, looks and EQ system are fantastic. // 10

Comments