CVB20 review by Canvas

Canvas: CVB20

I like to play around with different styles for my genres of music. This bass is very good sounding with folk, classic rock, ska, and punk rock. I currently am using an Ibanez 15B bass amp, and this bass can play very clean and rich through it. The tone is a bit more mellow than other basses, and is very warm and full. You can make it sound very good through different styles of play, and it blends in well with the different sounds. The friend I bought it from was formerly a folk musician, and this bass works extremely well with folk and Acoustic styles.

My overall impression of this guitar is that if you want something that will sound good, last you a long time, and continuously perform, you should consider investing in one. This is one of the better basses I've played, and compared to my old Ibanez, this blows it right out of the water.

This guitar has withstood live shows. Considering it's built like a behemoth with how heavy the thing is, I doubt you'd get any major problems from dropping it. The strap buttons are extremely well done on this guitar, and they continue to hold on snug. The finish is fantastic and will stay on the guitar's body.

The only major complaint that I have about this guitar is that it's got a heavy neck, which can lead to neck dive if you're not careful. That can be adjusted and fixed though. Everything else on this bass is perfect, I would recommend getting new strings than the standard strings though.

- Made in China - 20 medium frets - Laminated top - Maple neck with a Basswood body - Golden Flamped Maple finish on the body - Les Paul style body - Passive pickups - Controls are a 3-way selector, and volume knobs for both pickups - Double jazz pickup in the back, Precision pickup at the neck

Irasbass10
    I have used my Canvas Bass now for many years. Bought it new for $200. It is a great sounding bass but yes, the neck is heavy. I had my guitar tech install a wood dow at the strap button near the neck. He drilled into the strap button area, glued and installed a 4"-6" wood dow and then reinstalled the strap holder on top of it and this helps to balance the neck and body when you attach the strap. Works great!! I also play a USA Fender P bass and switch between the two. I get a lot of compliments on the Canvas bass and people are curious as to what it is. Nice looking bass and made very well. I real steal for the money. Not sure if they even make them anymore.