Curbow 4 review by Cort

Cort: Curbow 4

This is my third bass and it is amazing. I played in an Indie band and it did fine for that, but I don't like indie. I play a lot of metal, blues, funk, and some hip-hop and R&B. It does wonders for all of those styles. With the Switch on you can get a nice fat tone that is great for fingerpicking and use of a plectrum. the Switch off is great for slap and is even better for plectrum playing. It is completely quiet when not played, no buzzing or anything, but this baby can be loud.

This bass seems built for me. I had an Ibanez soundgear and a ESP/LTD B-55 and this one smashes them out of the Park. If it were lost or stolen I would beat the man and then get it back or make him buy me a new one. I love the tone and the versatility of the electronics on this bass. It is very well put together and would suit very many people, but everyone is their own judge.

I've used this bass at a number of shows and in the praise band at my school and it does fine. The hardware doesn't look or feel like it will have problems in the next 20 years and the strap buttons are a bit small, but they do the trick. I would use it in a gig without a backup as long as I had some spare batteries for the active bart. The finish is a bit thin, but will not come off with anything short of dropping it on metal.

The basss was perfect from the factory with only minor intonation problems on the bridge, but I got those fixed. The bridge and the top are flawless and until I banged her up a bit, the finish was immaculate. The Switch does not make any noise and the controls are put on very solidly.

it was made 2005 in Korea. It has 25 frets. I got a good deal because my friend's dad actually owns Cort lol so I get good deals. It is a solid top and is made out of a material called luthite. it is solid black with a wood finish. It has an active Bartolini mk1 which gives incredible response. it has an on and off switch for the active electronics and it has volume, bass, middle, and treble knobs. The neck is maple and modern c shaped. The fretboard is Ebonol. My friend threw in a couple sets of strings.

Aziraphale
    This may be the most awesome finish I've ever seen, I was actually planning on finishing my guitar build like that but couldn't figure out how :p
    rancidryan
    woo for cort i have a cort electric guitar there awsome but dont have much of a rep
    BASStRon
    i wish mine had that finish but its just black its the one im holding in the pick on my prof
    konichiwa46
    worked on one for a customer there are 2 little screws in the back wit controls for gain boosting and slap depth. on full whack this blew off the window of the door in my workshop it was awesome till the boss found out