Curbow 6 review by Cort

Cort: Curbow 6

Purchased from: Local Shop

This bass is suitable for every music style imaginable. I've used this bass with many amps including a Genz Benz combo and an Ampeg SVT, no effects. The bass is not noisy at all and with the onboard EQ you can dial in about any sound you want. The slap switch allows you to get a more boosted midrange/cut bass sound with the flip of a switch.

I play everything from punk to metal. This bass will work for just about everything. I've been playing for a little over 10 years now and I've owned many different basses over that time. Overall, I'm very impressed with this one. If this were lost or stolen, I would definitely consider another one. I like the sounds of this bass, and the feel of the neck. I don't really care for the battery compartment!

This guitar stands up to Live playing well. The hardware is all pretty solid, including the strap buttons. You can depend on this bass, if you replace your battery before the show! This thing is hell on batteries. And the battery compartment is a pain too, you have to use a screwdriver to open it, so you can't really replace a battery quickly if it dies during a show. I took mine off.

The bass was setup well when I got it. The finish looks very good from the factory. The only thing I will complain about, is the luthite body. It's fairly light, but it also allows the paint to chip VERY easily. A few years ago I noticed a chip in the finish, which may have been my fault... but it seems like the thing has gotten worse at a more accelerated rate than my other guitars.

I've owned this bass for probably 6 years now, I bought it when I was in high school. It was my first 6-string bass and I picked it up at a local guitar shop. The body is made out of luthite, the neck is made of maple, and the fingerboard is made of ebanol. There are a few finishes available, but since I bought mine used I got the red. The body has a smaller lower horn, to allow easy access to the higher frets. The electronics are active, with a single Bartonlini pickup; and volume, treble cut, mid boost/cut and bass boost/cut knobs. there's also a 'slap' Switch on the front that allows you to boost bass and midrange (there are fine adjustment knobs on the rear of the bass). Tuners are arranged in a 3+3 fashion.