GS-AXE-2 review by Cort

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
Cort: GS-AXE-2

Price paid: A$ 600

Purchased from: Muso's Corner

It obviously suits any KISS songs and any song with a deep sounding bassline. It has a heaps low and deep sound and thats just on a clean sound with no effects a few examples are God of Thunder by KISS and Runnin' With The Devil - Van Halen.

Well like before the guitar is better for any KISS fan who enjoys playing KISS music and also anyone who plays songs with a phat deep sounding bassline, I've been playing for about 2 years and I've played a few bass guitars that I like better than this for examples the Ibanez ATK300 but still this is a pretty decent guitar and is a dream guitar for any major KISS fan, I love the sound of it because I like deep basslines and I hate the fact that its so fragile, heavy and the fact its hard to play sitting down. Anyway my overall rating for the Cort GS-AXE-2 is 7/10.

Obviously its fit it withstand live playing because Simmons plays one every time he goes on tour and on top of that he spits blood on it, the hardware is decent because it is used by a famous bassist and I probably wouldn't use it at a gig without a back-up but it is pretty dependable. The finish is easily scratched and the body can easily chipped.

The guitar was well made by Cort and is at some point fragile, like I said before its disappointing by the fact that the guitar is so heavy, the fact that its easily scratched is a real big problem and I don't really like that much but still its not a bad guitar, when your paying for it at a price of $600AU what your really paying for is the Brand Name and even more importantly your paying for the fact that its Gene Simmons signature guitar. Personally I think it should be a bit cheaper though for example $450AU would be decent.

The Cort GS-Axe-2 is the signature bass guitar for KISS bassit Gene Simmons, its his most well known bass and is shaped to look like an axe. It comes with a Gene Simmons Gig Bag, and a strap. It has 3 pick-up and 2 of them make a p-shape pick-up. You can change the tone and volume of the guitar. The disappointing thing is that it is quite heavy and is hard to play sitting down because the blade part slides down your leg. It has a good looking chrome finish and a Gene Simmons Signature Headstock.

Genadeloos_666
    I can't see myself playing a Cort GS-Axe-2 or any other kinda freaky bass guitars like the Washburn Bootsy Collins Star Bass for that matter. But i can see it's usefulness as a gimmick in a coverband... and if the sound and the playability are acceptable, why not?
    Spitty33
    Its a review not english coursework.. an honest review but the guitar looks terrible
    vonroden
    Not the same as what he actually use but still cool havent tried it. if you wanna stick out this is the bass
    Jackie Lawless
    yeah, gene simmons doesnt actually use the Cort version on tour..... its still really cool, though and has alot of stage presence.
    jumpaside
    I kinda really want this bass. can't decide between axe or punisher tell you the truth. btw I got Paul Stanley's guitar for about $300 Canadian mostly because it was sold in Zellars eh!