Rumor Review

1,161
review (1) pictures (2) user comments vote for this gear:
Rumor Reviewed by: killgore1223, on october 16, 2014

Purchased from: Swap Meet

Features: This bass guitar is a guitar made for the players who likes retro sounding and looking guitars. From what I read it had the serial number and the bass had a half sticker on it saying made in Korea. So that's where the bass was made and frankly it sounds amazing! Its a long neck with a thin feel, but has a gloss finish so its kind of hard to move up and down sometimes on the neck. A volume and tone knob also is on there and the tone knob actually made a difference in the sound. Also comes with a split pickup kind of like a P-bass. So the guitar sound and kind of look was meant to be like a P-bass. The finish was well done although it comes with these sparkle glitter things in the finish and pain so I don't like that look. Cause like I said its meant to be retro. Tuners never go out of tune and that's always awesome. Nothing came with the bass that I know of since I bought it from some guy at the swap meet. The coolest thing on this bass is the Chorus Flanger button on the bass because when you press you get the signature chorus sound from Danelectros line of pedals. But it's in a button! // 8

Sound: It can play any genre. The sound resembles the sound of a P-bass. With the chorus button on the bass the sound doesn't change at all and sounds amazing! The bass has a perfect sound. I love it it because it can go to the lowest tones to highest treble like tone. It can play anything hell even metal! Ska, punk, indie, you name it! For a bass said to be for just beginners it really does stand out a lot! It comes with a chorus button that makes the signature Danelectro chorus sound from the pedals they make. I'm not a big fan on the chorus but it does sound clear and does not make the bass sound any worse! And if you like that effect its there at a click of the button! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The bass' finish was well done except with the color you get like this sparkle like look so unless you don't care this is well done. The action was a little high for me but if you don't mind it's fine. But if you do mind it, from what I've seen there's no actual truss rod believe it or not! So you'd have to shimmy it or what ever method there is. Now the knobs can get loose over time, the volume and tone knob to clarify. So tighten those up unless they send it to you tightened. Pickups well put and even, and the wood seems to be nice and would not be poor. I'm giving this a low 7 for the kiddish paint job. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would withstand a live show. But a small show. If you want to play a big show play it but you might want a better more professional bass like for example, the Fender P-bass. Strap buttons kind of suck cause they will be loose over time for me though. The hardware on he guitar seems to be like it will last, but like I said it looked like something for small shows and to experiment on for a much more bigger audience. Like a bass to try new things on. Tuning will not go out of tune to me from what I heard. And the neck if you take off the gloss finish, is smooth and thing for you can do your meaty hits and solos on the bass. // 9

Overall Impression: I love this bass! If I could I wouldn't have the chorus on the bass. If it was stolen I'd buy it again. I like the feel and sound of the bass. Any genre this bass can play it! Even the look is awesome and cool to me. The body is semi thin, and the neck feels great. Does not go out of tune for sh-t unless you really bang it! And it sounds and feel like a Fender P-bass. A bass I truly love. Although I like anything else but that one is my favorite bass. I wish the chorus button for me wasn't there but I might use it for experimental stuff later so it does serve a purpose. Other than that button everything is completely fantastic! // 9

Comments