Demonator Metalman Review

2,114
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Demonator Metalman Reviewed by: Satchafunkilus, on november 17, 2008

Purchased from: Willis Music

Features: My Dean was made in 2007 I don't know where it was made. It has 22 jumbo frets. Awesome basswood body and maple neck. It has a solid top and a beautiful Black finish. It has a kind of strat body style to it. It has passive eletronics. It has volume and tone controls. It has a soapbar style humbucker. It is a pretty good starter bass. // 9

Sound: I play rock and some metal, the bass fits perfectly, the sound is versatile. I'm using my Behringer Vintager AC 108 15 watt Vacuum Tube amp, I'm currently using distortion which sounds great. This bass has beautiful rich sound, even when played at high levels. This bass is versatile but has limits, I have only played rock and metal but I'll experiment with other styles later. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is perfect. The pickups and everything was all taken care. If you have been to a guitar store then you know that they will take the guitar or bass and look it over and tell you things to look over or watch out for. Everything was set-up perfectly only problem was finding a case. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will last forever (with proper care). The hardware seems solid, strap buttons solid. I would use this at a gig without a backup, depending on the scale of the gig. The finish is perfect black and glossy, the finger prints are a problem though. The finish should'nt rub off. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock/metal. I have been playing for about two years, I own a Fender Starcaster, and Behringer Vintager, a ION 10-watt amp, and a Behringer 15-watt tube amp. I honestly could not wish for anything more it's all there. I would probably get the same bass or maybe a Goth Thunderbird IV. I love how it's practically wieghtless, I hate how attracts finger prints. I did not compare it with other products, out of all the basses this one caught my eye. I chose this one because it had a nice feel and it just felt right when I was playing it. // 9

Comments