Edge 09 review by Dean

• Reviewer's score: 3.6 Poor
Dean: Edge 09

It doesn't suit me at all, I mean right after I turn it on it sounds crapy I normally play grunge but with this bass it is impossible to play anything. It is extremmly noisey, the E string rates agianst the fretboard and all the lower frets rattle too. I'm using my drum amp and I am still hardly able to hear it, my amp is turned up so loud with normal basses it would have blown already.

My over all impression is that I think I got ripped off and if it were stolen or lost I don't think I would do to much to find it. Also I think it did not compare good with other products like Ibanez basses or Gibson just to name a few. I've been playing for about a year and I'm also in a band. When I go to practice with my band I normaly don't even bring it I just leave it and play our lead singers bass wich is an Ibanez.

I don't think it is very durable. After a month of playing it the output slot just fell apart so I had to put some elmers glue in the screw holes to hold it together. The strap buttons are fine. Also I don't think the finish is very good on it because I have only had it for three months and it has scratches all up it. Personaly I don't think this guitar is going to stand up much longer.

You can call it set-up but the only thing that was good on it when I got it was that the strings were on it and it only has one pickup so there wasn't to much to adjust. Also the fretboard was not bent back enough so I had to adjust so it would't rattle as much.

It was made in China. It has soap bar pickup witch I think is no were near enough. It has 22 frets and a rosewood fingerboard. Also it has one volume control and one toner control wich makes hardly any diffrence no matter how far you turn it. The tuners are just die-cast nothing special and the hardware is black.