Edge 09 review by Dean

Dean: Edge 09

It suits my style of music fine, it's got kind of a smooth tone too it with the tone turned down all the way, good for softer styles of music. It gets kind of dirty sounding with the tone knob up, not too bad for metal. It has a bright sounding high end, and a pretty good low end. It doesn't really excel in one particular style, kind of an all around bass. I'm using it with a Delta 60 watt bass amp at the moment.

I play stuff like Metallica, Slayer, AC/DC. It's sometimes a bit tame for Slayer, but it's good for AC/DC. I love the finish on it, although it's a bit plain at times. If it were stolen lost, I would probably buy a different guitar, because I just like getting something different every once in awhile, but this guitar would definently be missed. I wish it had a 5th string though.

This guitar does withstand Live playing, but make sure you tighten the input jack first. The hardware seems liek it will last a long time, and the strap buttons are good. I would gig without a backup with it if I couldn't bring a back up, but I would bring a back up just incase, because the input jack isn't that reliable. The finish won't wear off by the looks of it.

The guitar was set up well when I bought it, the action was good no adjustments there, the pickups were adjusted well as well. The guitar's finish is well done, and is very durable. I have accidentally dropped it a couple of times, and there's not a scratch on it. The controls aren't loose or anything, the wood was a good quality, no flaws in the hardware except for the input jack. The washer and nut that keeps it held together twists loose. It's easy to fix if you can find the pieces when they've fallen off. This problem can be permanently fixed by taking it in to the store, or to a luthier, if you can't do it yourself.

I'm not too sure where or when it was made. It's got 22 frets, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard.The body is basswood with a mahogany top. Passive electronics, with a single volume knob and a single tone knob. There is one soapbar pickup in the middle position. It's got chrome hardware, with die cast non locking tuners. It didn't come with any accessories when I bought it.

Caltelt
    ya i have one, and the tuner on the A string stripped after about a month and a half.
    daantjer94
    for the money, its really the best even up to the $200, then i would buy like a squire jazz, but the difference is merely nothing on quality, I can play anything with it, so it aint so bad, bud the bag that comes with it; buy a new one