Edge 10A PJ review by Dean

Dean: Edge 10A PJ

Purchased from: zZounds.com

I play mostly rock & metal and this bass sounds great! I have put it through everything from Queen to Scorpions to Quiet Riot and have been able to get a great sound. My amp is a simple Ibanez practice amp. I can only imagine how great this will sound through a REAL amp! There is a great tonal range with the pickups. I can get from deep crunchy bass on up to a more "twangy" sound that you hear with say the Rickenbacker.

I play a mix of Blues, Metal & Rock. I have been playing for about 3 years now, so I guess you could say I am still learning. I would have liked to be able to play this in store before purchasing, but would have bought it on the spot after hearing the sounds since receiving this bass. If lost or stolen I would definitely buy another! I have checked out Fender, Ibanez, and currently own an ESP. The neck is not quite as fast and thin as on the Ibanez, but is much faster than my ESP. I would put it somewhere around the Fender Jazz. This neck is slightly thicker but not enough to make much of a difference. I highly recommend this bass to anyone looking for a new bass for either practice or stage play!

I can't give much of a fair review here since I have only had this bass for about 1 week. I will be playing it live in a few more weeks and have to say so far it sounds every bit as good as my current ESP or any Fender I have borrowed Hardware seems very solid and should last quite a long time. Strap buttons seem very well made & I have yet to have my strap so much as slip let alone pop off. I think the finish will last quite some time. The skull graphic looks great.

Set up was perfect! Very low action easy to finger and a pretty fast neck. I have not had to adjust the pick ups. The only minor (and I stress minor) flaw was old strings and the volume & tone knobs were loose. I replaced the strings and went to the local music store to have the knobs tightened for about $10 which was credited to my account by zZounds where I bought the bass.

For the sake of time and space I am copying the info from the Dean website. My Bass is the Skullcrusher graphic and was made in China and inspected in the US. Basswood Top / Body 35" Scale Bolt-On Maple C Neck Rosewood Fingerboard Pearl Diamond Inlays Die Cast Tuners Black Hardware Die Cast Bridge Dean PJ Active EQ Pickups Finishes: "Skull Crusher" Custom Graphic