Edge Q4 Bartolini review by Dean

Dean: Edge Q4 Bartolini

I play trash metal and a bit of punk and it sounds great for both. I'm using a low quality 15 watt amp. Even on my crap amp it has a rich, quiet sound. It can achieve pretty much anything thanks to the excellent preamp. And those Bartolini pickups, you gotta love 'em.

I play trash metal, this bass works for that as thats the genre Dean is famous for making guitars for. I've been playing a short while and only possess an amp besides this. I would definately buy this buy again if it was lost or stolen, that is if I had the money because I'm kinda poor. I love everything, I hate nothing. A truly good bass.

From what I've experienced so far this bass will take live playing without batting an eye. Everything seems solid. The paint seems like it could be the one weak point, if you drop your bass down the stairs a lot.

It came set up so I can't really comment because if there were any problems they were all taken care off and this thing is perfectly set up and put together.

It was made in Korea but don't hold that against it. It has a 24 fret rosewood and maple neck, which is quite thin and fast. The body is made out of basswood, light and good sounding. It's like a P-Bass shape with a longer top cutaway and shorter bottom cutaway. The bridge is a bit like a standard baddass. It has active Bartolini humbuckers. It has 1 volume, 1 treble cut/boost, 1 mid cut/boost and 1 low cut/boost. The tuners are grovers.

.c.e.d.
    i own one, and i will never ever want to play another dean ever again. dont let the name of this bass throw you off.
    j1mi_h3ndrix
    old_toad wrote: its a bass isn't it
    i dont think so im pretty sure its one of those 4 stringed normal guitars
    loganc
    j1mi_h3ndrix wrote: old_toad wrote: its a bass isn't it i dont think so im pretty sure its one of those 4 stringed normal guitars
    I hope to god you're kidding.