ML Metalman review by Dean

Dean: ML Metalman

I play metal and rock music, and this bass is perfect. The humbucker is really close to the bridge and is in perfect position if you play with a pick (like I do while playing metal). I play through a Genz Benz amp/cab. I wouldn't recommend this guitar for any style of music other than rock or metal, because the tone options are pretty limited.

Like I said above, this bass is a perfect match for a metal bassist, but not much else. I've been playing for 8 years and I own a couple other basses (Cort 6 string, Fender 5 string, Rogue fretless), but this is probably my favorite to play. I wish they would have had the 2.0 version of this bass out when I bought mine..because I would have definitely gone the extra $100 to buy that one instead. But like I said, for $200 this is a perfect metal bass.

This bass is very rugged and can go through hell. All of the hardware is black in color and very solid. The strap buttons are also very solid, but poorly placed (it uses one of the neck plate bolts to hold the strap button) so I would advise getting some strap locks because straps do not like staying on the back button. I would definitely use this bass without a backup, it's probably my favorite bass I own. The finish is also very nice.

The action on this bass is very fast! Perfect for metal playing. The pickup is very loud, but doesn't have many tone options available. The guitar is free of any flaws, and plays really well. But I must warn you, it is very hard on the shoulder and arms because it is pretty heavy and the body is long.

I've owned this bass for about a year now. I'm not sure when it was made or where, but it was still in the factory packaging when I received it. This bass has 22 frets and the body is made out of basswood. The maple neck is bolt-on and is very low profile. This particular model (this is the 1.0 version of this model) has 1 high-output soapbar-style humbucker pickup at the bridge position with passive electronics. One volume knob and one tone knob. However, the 2.0 version of this bass has 2 humbuckers and active EQ for about $100USD more (my brother has it and it has a lot more tone options than the 1.0).

IRONxPANTERA
    i just have the standard dean ml wit hthe p/j hookups its amazing and yb for my favorite i hope this is just as promising
    HisShortness
    i own one also, i love it. i havent been playing that long but i can definately tell how much easier it is to play fast when compared to alot of the other basses ive played.
    devonskater
    i used to have an ml bass with 2 active pickups, they are awesome to play but they **** up tooo much so i moved onto a esp f104 which are really damn good !!
    hells bassist
    i got a metal man z its got 2 pickups rather then one and great controls so very versitile the neck and action and everything adds together to make it the nicest feeling bass thats affordable
    HisShortness
    corrda00 wrote: I just find this bass too cheap. Get esp
    i liked the dean alot better than any of the esps i played in the price range, but if i had another 2 hundred to spend any esp would be better of course.... but for the price ive found no better as of yet
    -<HELLRAISER>-
    corrda00 wrote: I just find this bass too cheap. Get esp
    buy a schecter, their way beter quality than similar priced LTD's, and you can get amazing features on them for alot less than $800
    DNG
    ive got the V model of this (same thing, just a different body shape) and love it, it works well for everything and the action is insane
    sean tee
    The greatneck on this has already been mentioned, but the tone on this thing isn't too bad either.
    wes_jett2008
    My step bro has this bass...The action is insane on the thing,The only thing I dont like is the string spacing,They seem to wide for me but then again I play guitar.Its a great bass for the money,it can be quite versitle but that really a amp thing too.
    Love_Guitar8
    I have a Squier Fender Bass and it works great for the music i play too. But this Bass does sound alot better than mine. Rock On!
    hhr
    actually, musicians friend sells them for the same price now that the 2.0 version has came out
    rotaguy
    i got this.its a great bass but im disliking the shape now. gonna get myself a schecter stiletto