1958 Flying V Bass review by Epiphone

Epiphone: 1958 Flying V Bass

The music I play is punk and metal, its like the perfect match for that kind of music. I have been playing bass now for about 3 years and guitar for 6 years. I wish I could of found the Gibson model over this but either way I'm pleased. If I would lose it, I'd be bummed, but I would replace it in a heart beat. If I would compare this to another bass it would be the Epiphone thunderbird, but in the long run the v bass would win it in performance and looks. I chose this bass on the look and the tone it has.

Relisbility and durability on this guitar is soo awesome. The hardware will last for quiet awhile and it has a good old vintage color, gold. I would say the finish is not a good as I would thought it would be, it will scratch if dropped or if your pick comes into alot of contact with the body. Button strap wouldn't strip, only if forced. And this bass is a pleaser and yes I would use it without a backup.

The factory setup was awesome besides the buzzing action, but that can be fixed easily at your local guitar shop by using a allen wrench. The pickups were setup completely correct for the music I use it in, but that can be fixed as well. the only flaw I found is that Epiphone could have used a better material for the body. The korina body is alright but I would of prefer mahogany.

It has 2 hb pickups, 2 volume , 2 tone , 3-way toggle controls, has gold hardware, running a 30.5" scale, 1.65" nut width, set neck joint, mahogany neck, rosewood/dot fret board, binding on the body and neck. No accessories included. 21 frets. Body styling is just like the Gibson Flying V Guitar.