1958 Flying V Bass review by Epiphone

Epiphone: 1958 Flying V Bass

Purchased from: Let's Jam (Local Merchant)

I play metal. This is to metal what water is to life. It is a perfect fit. I been playing for over 2 years now. I own this bass. The effects and amp listed above, as well as Squire P-Bass, a Squier MB-4 with skull and crossbones, and a Squier MB-5. The V is my favorite out of them all. If it were stole, I would sell my other 3 basses and buy another one without looking back. I love the shape, the design. I love how it feels like I'm playing a rocket or a large dart or arrow. I hate when I sit and play how awkward it is to hold it. That's when I go to the P-Bass. My all time favorite feature is the V body. Absolutely. I compared it to the BC Rich version of the V. I chose this one because of the Epiphone name. And the price. I wish it had a free money dispenser. When I say in previous parts about the original tuners and bridge, I mean pre-customization. What I did was made a new black pickguard, soldered a new black toggle in, and put on new black tuners. The speed knobs are replaced with barrel knobs, and the bridge is similar to the P-Bass style. To original bridge was a bitch to adjust the intonation and accurately do the string height.

I haven't had the pleasure of playing live yet, but it withstands the playing I do at home with a smile. The hardware seemed solid, but I have since removed the bridge, tuners, knobs, and replaced the toggle with all black parts to better suit my needs. The buttons were soild, but I put schaller strap locks on all my basses. I would sell my other 3 basses and just keep this one, thats how dependable it is. I've dropped it, its fallen off the stand, and still plays like perfection. The finish is very solid. It will last.

Factory setting was good. Not to how I like it, but I adjusted that no problenm. The pickups were nicely set, but I moved them to suit me. Flawless bass.

- It was made in '58 - Made in the USA - 21 frets - 30.5 scale neck - Korina body - Black finish - V shape - The original bridge I'm not sure. I didn't like it - Passive electronics - 2 volume, 1 tone, 3 way toggle - Dual humbuckers - Locking tuners (originally).