Accu Bass Jr. review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Accu Bass Jr.

Purchased from: Freind

Overall, it is an amazing bass to start with, much better than I deserved when I first started. It is very well priced new as well. I have been playing about six months, and am planning on buying a new guitar very soon. I'll still keep this one around for sure though. If it were stolen. I would find out who it is and beat the shit out of them-I live in a town with 500 people. But actually, I would probably just splurge on a new more expensive one. All in all, just remember these words-If you are just starting, you can't make a better choice than this bass. None.

This is sort of where I was dissapointed. The hardware inside the guitar isn't the greatest. My tone knob worked erratically, and once I completely lost signal to my amp. I had to open up the guts and solder a few wires that came loose. I've played live a few times before with it, and it stands up well to abuse. I'm not entirely sure I would trust it by itself without a backup. The strap buttons are fine, as long as your strap is. My old one was cheap, and the guitar fell a ton. I got a new dunlop strap, and haven't had one problem since.

I can't say about how it was from the factory, but when I got it I restringed the guitar and re-adjusted the pickups just for the hell of it. It did improve the sound a great deal. The finish it good and looks nice, but chips very easily. As long as you treat it fine and aren't a clutz, it'll stay fine. As a side note though, if you plan on using a pick at any point, remove the thumb rest. It's not hard at all, and can be a potential pain in the ass depending on your playing style.

Not sure about the year, maybe 2001 or 2002 model. Has 20 frets, a volume knob and a tone knob. Split humbucker pickup, maple neck, thumb rest and chrome hardware. My guitar is pure black version.

jayodin1993
    Does anyone know the size of the input jack? And does anyone know if there's any kind of mini amp that would work well with it?