Accu Bass Jr. Review

manufacturer: Epiphone date: 09/20/2004 category: Bass Guitars
Epiphone: Accu Bass Jr.
Maple Neck. Maple/Alder Body. Chrome Hardware. 1 Split HB Pickups.
 Reliability & Durability: 6.7
 Features: 9.3
 8.4
 8.3
 8.4
 3,745
reviews (3) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Accu Bass Jr. Reviewed by: basketofplastic, on april 08, 2004

Features: The Epiphone Accu Bass Jr\. was a 2001-2002 model im not sure exactly. This bass has 20 frets,one volume nob and one tone nob. This guitar features a split humbucker aswell. It has chrome hardware, its nut width is 1.65", and the scale is 34", It has a bolt on neck The neck mat is maple and the boty mat is maple or alder It has dot position inlays and it comes in two finishes 3 colour sunburst or just plain black. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set up great at the factory like I said only dislike the action but it doesn't make much of a deal scence its so easy to still press it down on the frets. The pic ups are ajusted just right aproximately a half a centmetre to 1 centimetre off of the body. No flaws found on this guitar. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This is a guitar that you can drop over and over again it will keep playing the same it will most definitely withstand live playing. There has been no problems with the hardware its holding strong. The finish is great it still has the dark black finish it always had. The strap buttons are solid theres nothing wrong with them the only reason its fallen before was because of an old crappy worn out strap. This bass is very dependable I would definitely use it at a gig no back up. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great match for punk and some metal. The only other thing I sujest is see if you can find a guitar technician to lower the action a bit. This has been compared to a Squier Bronco Bass and the Epiphone bass beats it by far. // 10

Accu Bass Jr. Reviewed by: neuroplay.com, on april 12, 2004

Features: It's not too old of a bass, a couple years. 20 frets, a volume and tone knob, a maple fretboard, a split humbucker in the middle, and a thumb rest. It's a P-Bass look a-like in fact I have a P-Bass and it looks exactly the same (exept colors and thumb rest). It came with a gig-bag. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar set-up was great at the factory, the neck's sturdy (not a lot of bowing) and the bridge stays on properly. The strings are fairly close to the neck/fretboard so it's really easy to play. Even the higer frets are good. As I said before, I play Alien Ant Farm and that takes a lot of fast moving and slapping. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I'm pretty sure It'll withstand live playing, I havn't tested this theory yet but I'm willing to. Nothing's fallen off, it's got a really nice look too. It never really quits on me, I get a lost signal every once in a while but I think that's the chord. // 6

Overall Impression: I play a lot of Coldplay, Alien Ant Farm, Nirvana, and Weezer. This bass is a great match, it's got great action and I can slide and slap really easily. I definitely wouldn't think of it as a cheap P-Bass because I have 2 and it's better than one of them. The thumb rest is great and it's got a smooth fret board and a nice bright sound. // 8

Accu Bass Jr. Reviewed by: wafer, on september 20, 2004

Purchased from: Freind

Features: Not sure about the year, maybe 2001 or 2002 model. Has 20 frets, a volume knob and a tone knob. Split humbucker pickup, maple neck, thumb rest and chrome hardware. My guitar is pure black version. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I can't say about how it was from the factory, but when I got it I restringed the guitar and re-adjusted the pickups just for the hell of it. It did improve the sound a great deal. The finish it good and looks nice, but chips very easily. As long as you treat it fine and aren't a clutz, it'll stay fine. As a side note though, if you plan on using a pick at any point, remove the thumb rest. It's not hard at all, and can be a potential pain in the ass depending on your playing style. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This is sort of where I was dissapointed. The hardware inside the guitar isn't the greatest. My tone knob worked erratically, and once I completely lost signal to my amp. I had to open up the guts and solder a few wires that came loose. I've played live a few times before with it, and it stands up well to abuse. I'm not entirely sure I would trust it by itself without a backup. The strap buttons are fine, as long as your strap is. My old one was cheap, and the guitar fell a ton. I got a new dunlop strap, and haven't had one problem since. // 4

Overall Impression: Overall, it is an amazing bass to start with, much better than I deserved when I first started. It is very well priced new as well. I have been playing about six months, and am planning on buying a new guitar very soon. I'll still keep this one around for sure though. If it were stolen. I would find out who it is and beat the shit out of them-I live in a town with 500 people. But actually, I would probably just splurge on a new more expensive one. All in all, just remember these words-If you are just starting, you can't make a better choice than this bass. None. // 10

Comments