EB-0 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: EB-0

Purchased from: Samedaymusic.com

This bass suits my style just fine(Hard rock, thrash metal, and some lighter pop-rock) though I have to say that it lacks the bright tone required for some of the more poppy stuff I would like to play.The only amp I have played through is a Epiphone studio bass 15 watt amp so this may be part of the problem. One adjective describes this bass, muddy although it can be made brighter with a little adjustment. The tone really lends itself to drop tunings(especially D and C) the deep muddy tone sounds nice and heavy. Overall the lack of additional pickups and tone and volume adjustments make this guitar not very flexible soundwise.

This bass is a fairly good match for any younger beginner looking for a bass for harder rock(AC/DC and Black Sabbath especially). If this bass was stolen I would probably buy a Squier VM or CV jazz or P-Bass. My favorite part is definatly the looks... I love the SG styled body and the double cutaway design.

I think if I did gig with this it would do fine all of the electronics and parts are in great shape and it looks built to last. The strap buttons are a lit bit of a nusiance as the like to disconnect from the strap occasionally. The finish has stayed as rich and black as the day I got it.

The guitar was set up great and in tune when I got it. pickup was in great shape and the only flaws I could find was a chip in the fret board but even then it is hardly noticable.However, when I changed the strings, the nut that holds the strings slid off when I tryed to turn the tension up enough to tune.I easily fixed this with a little epoxy and time.

Not Sure of the year but made in Indonesia, Twenty-one medium frets with a shortened 30.5" scale. The body is made of Mahogany and mine has a nice deep black finish on it. I have to say I really like the SG styled body but am disappointed at the lack of controls(one volume, one tone). The other cheif complaint is the the sole neck humbucker doesnt't allow for much versatility.

lanceAlot9009
    ya i own one, its only real use to me was to get me started. the pick-ups really upset me in that you cant slap on them.
    timcommenford
    dont judge epiphone basses over this piece of shit u pay the same 4 squiers and these are alot better obviously u cant compare them to fenders and ibanez but thats y u pay 3x more ive got an EB-3 and flying V bass and there alot better than any squire or esp
    Tallica94
    AngelOfHatred wrote: I personally hate all Epi and Gibson basses, Fender basses are a much better decision.
    I totally agree!