EB-0 Gig Rig Bass Package Review

manufacturer: Epiphone date: 01/04/2006 category: Bass Guitars
Epiphone: EB-0 Gig Rig Bass Package
This package includes an Epiphone EB-0 Electric bass guitar with vintage headstock and massive humbucker, a Studio Bass 10 amp with 3-band EQ and presence control, beginner DVD, quartz tuner, gig bag, strap, cable, and picks.
 8.6
 8.8
 8.4
review (1) 12 comments vote for this gear:
EB-0 Gig Rig Bass Package Reviewed by: ThatHotAsianBoy, on january 04, 2006

Features: The Epiphone EB-0 Gig Rig Bass Package includes an Epiphone EB-0 Electric Bass Guitar with vintage headstock and massive humbucker, a Studio Bass 10 amp with 3-band EQ and presence control, beginner DVD, quartz tuner, gig bag, strap, cable, and picks. // 10

Sound: This bass goes great with any kind of music style! I've tried about every different genre of music with it. It sounds great! I prefer playing more hardcore/scremo with it and it works out really awsome. The amp worked really good with it and sounds great. You can play about any kind of sound or song with this bass pack. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar and other parts worked just fine. The tuner was great, the amplifier sounded perfect for a beginner bass player, the gig bag was good, came with an awsome beginners video that helps a lot, the cable works fine too and so did all the other parts. The only problem I had was after about 2 weeks the strings broke. I then got new strings and everything sounded great and I didn't have any more problems. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstands live playing. I've played with at many gigs with my band already and it is real good to jump around with and do any other trick a bassist would want to do. You would probly need to get a bigger amplifier though. The hardware seems like it will last for a while. At least a few years. I haven't had any problems with the strap buttons so far. I like where they placed it. I say you can defintley depend on it and I could defintley see it at a gig without having to have a back up. The finish is perfect to last and I don't think it will wear off to quick. // 8

Overall Impression: I play hardcore/scremo music with it. It matches just fine with it. I have been playing the bass guitar for about 2 years. I have a Washburn/Lion bass guitar, and a Fender Precision bass guitar. I have a Fender Rumble 100 bass amplifier. Their is nothing I wish to have asked. I would want to buy the same guitar. I love the sound of it and how light it is. I hate how theirs no pick ups. My favorite feature is how it is designed and the shape of it. I compared it to my Fender Precision and Washburn/Lion bass guitars and I liked the Epiphone the best becuase it had the most satisfying sound and better looks. I wish it had pickups but it doesnt really matter becuase it still sounds great and works fine with out them. // 8

Comments