EB-0 LImited Edition review by Epiphone

logo Ultimate Guitar
  • Sound: 7
  • Overall Impression: 7
  • Reliability & Durability: 7
  • Action, Fit & Finish: 7
  • Features: 7
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
  • Users' score: 6.6 (8 votes)
Epiphone: EB-0 LImited Edition
1

Price paid: C$ 250

Purchased from: Fuzztone Music

Sound — 7
It is AWESOME for Rock and Metal both of which I play. I play it on an Marshall MB - 30 Amp and that seems to work absolutely great. I use it for a practice bass so I don't use max volume, But if I wanted to this thing could make a LOT of noise. It doesn't have that much variety for different sounds but it's still my favorite bass ever.

Overall Impression — 7
I play Rock and Metal For about two years and this thing does the job. I play it an a Marshall MB - 30. If it was stolen... Then I'd go home and cry, Then buy it again. I like the style but I really REALLY wish it had a two octave neck.

Reliability & Durability — 7
This Bass could definitely hold up at a show. I'd use it for pretty much anything, Without a backup. All the hardware seems topped up for this price And the finish seems Outstanding, I've had it for About a year and a half and no damage yet. The buttons are iffy, since there just plastic. But there's a bad to every good, Right?

Action, Fit & Finish — 7
Every thing was A- okay with.. The set up for it at the store made it look like Nothing special but in real life it's the bassists best friend. The pickups were adjusted just fine. And the Wood, controls pegs, bridge Etc. were all perfect. Overall the bass was fitted appropriately.

Features — 7
It's got A 20 fret neck made out of mahogany. It has Volume and Tone For controls. Its built with a solid top and the body is a beautiful dark mahogany. The bass is made with Completely Stainless steel pickups And pegs.

12 comments sorted by best / new / date

    jtv005
    I'm not a fan of SG's or their bass counterparts, personally. But it looks like a bargain, and a solid guitar, too.
    seemeel
    Inexperienced Reviewer wrote: it's still my favorite bass ever
    Please play a proper Fender P or J, a 4001, a Stingray, a nice Ibanez or ESP bass, or even a Hofner 500/1, and then tell me that this is your favourite bass ever.
    drug.me.2.hell
    seemeel wrote: Inexperienced Reviewer wrote: it's still my favorite bass ever Please play a proper Fender P or J, a 4001, a Stingray, a nice Ibanez or ESP bass, or even a Hofner 500/1, and then tell me that this is your favourite bass ever.
    ESP FTW.
    Amuro Jay
    seemeel wrote: Inexperienced Reviewer wrote: it's still my favorite bass ever Please play a proper Fender P or J, a 4001, a Stingray, a nice Ibanez or ESP bass, or even a Hofner 500/1, and then tell me that this is your favourite bass ever.
    The truth is he hasn't played any of those. He didn't say "this is the greatest bass ever," he said it was his favorite. Do you have that much of a problem with the reviewer's personal preference?
    Bass21
    Inexperienced Reader wrote: Please play a proper Fender P or J, a 4001, a Stingray, a nice Ibanez or ESP bass, or even a Hofner 500/1, and then tell me that this is your favourite bass ever.
    Notice how I said "My Favorite" And not "Your Favorite"
    Stevie.D_BCRich
    Bass21 wrote: Inexperienced Reader wrote: Please play a proper Fender P or J, a 4001, a Stingray, a nice Ibanez or ESP bass, or even a Hofner 500/1, and then tell me that this is your favourite bass ever. Notice how I said "My Favorite" And not "Your Favorite"
    Well said dude! Fair play that it's your favourite bass, I've played one and had one on lend for a while, bloody solid bass and a really nice, classic tone. Slap some flatwounds on there and you've got yourself a really smooth sounding bass
    seemeel
    Bass21 wrote: Notice how I said "My Favorite" And not "Your Favorite"
    Notice how I didn't say "my favourite" either? I've played the Gibson version of this SG bass, and IMO it's not that crash hot, compared to an equivalently priced Fender. It's well made, sure, but it's not smooth like a Fender, and it doesn't growl like a Ric. It's kind of stuck in the middle somewhere. Myabe the Epiphone version is much better than the Gibson. I suppose it's possible. Anyway, I'm just saying, is all. No need for all this butthurt. My point was, you would benefit from going to a music store and playing a few other basses, including some high end ones. That was all. FYI, probably the nicest bass I've played, and I guess I'd call it my favourite, is one called a Modulus Quantum. If you can get your hands on one, I suggest you do. They're pretty top shit, but fairly rare, at least here in Australia.
    cobracarg
    seemeel wrote: Bass21 wrote: Notice how I said "My Favorite" And not "Your Favorite" Notice how I didn't say "my favourite" either? I've played the Gibson version of this SG bass, and IMO it's not that crash hot, compared to an equivalently priced Fender. It's well made, sure, but it's not smooth like a Fender, and it doesn't growl like a Ric. It's kind of stuck in the middle somewhere. Myabe the Epiphone version is much better than the Gibson. I suppose it's possible. Anyway, I'm just saying, is all. No need for all this butthurt. My point was, you would benefit from going to a music store and playing a few other basses, including some high end ones. That was all. FYI, probably the nicest bass I've played, and I guess I'd call it my favourite, is one called a Modulus Quantum. If you can get your hands on one, I suggest you do. They're pretty top shit, but fairly rare, at least here in Australia.
    after he gets put in his place... he asks for peace,,,
    L2112Lif
    seemeel wrote: Bass21 wrote: Notice how I said "My Favorite" And not "Your Favorite" Notice how I didn't say "my favourite" either? I've played the Gibson version of this SG bass, and IMO it's not that crash hot, compared to an equivalently priced Fender. It's well made, sure, but it's not smooth like a Fender, and it doesn't growl like a Ric. It's kind of stuck in the middle somewhere. Myabe the Epiphone version is much better than the Gibson. I suppose it's possible. Anyway, I'm just saying, is all. No need for all this butthurt. My point was, you would benefit from going to a music store and playing a few other basses, including some high end ones. That was all. FYI, probably the nicest bass I've played, and I guess I'd call it my favourite, is one called a Modulus Quantum. If you can get your hands on one, I suggest you do. They're pretty top shit, but fairly rare, at least here in Australia.
    Dude. Calm down. Ya got schooled and told what's up already, so stop attending class.
    radsloth22
    Would you recomend a fretless version for a sound player who already has a p bass copy and a cheap 5 string or am i better off investing in a better bass than this one as i am hoping to upgrade to a quality bass /, i play a variety of styles but mainly centre around indie ,rock and hard rock.