EB-3 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: EB-3

The bass has quite a good, broad tonal palette. I play mainly rock and punk covers and originals. I use an Ashdown EB12 amp and they suit each other quite well. The sidewinder in the neck is fat, punchy and powerful, gently rolling in the tone pot adds a bit of variety. The mini Hb has a unique 'popping' sound. it's trebley but not metallic (well at least intil you kick the tone all the way up! ). When selected together using the 3-way rotary Switch, lots of different sounds can be achieved. The bass has good buttom end and enough high end to add variety. Sound great for classic rock and blues covers. Generally I was impressed with the tonal palette.

This bass is great for lots of styles on music. I play classic rock covers with my band and this bass does a great job! The pickups are nice and achieve wide tonal variety. My favourite features are probably the Neck pickup and the finish. I wasn't too keen on the supplied action, and the top heaviness is annoying at times. If it were lost or stolen I would probably get another one or something similar. overall it would be great for a beginner, or your first 'decent' bass.

I've gigged it around a lot of the last year or so and it has never let me down yet! I can see this bass being around for a good ten years yet before it needs anything major doing to it. The bottom strap button did fall off once at school, but I soon fixed it, and added strap locks to hopefully stop it from happening again. I'm one of them cautious people that always takes a backup, but I don't really need one (unless the strap button falls off! ). One word of warning is that the bass is top heavy, so you wouldn't want to play for more than an hour, or your arms might get tired. The finish hasn't warn thin yet, and I would have expected it to around the bridge pup where I use a pick most.

When I first played it, the action was high. It got on my nerves so I lowered it using the 3-way adjustible bridge. It took me a while to figure it out, but it's easy enough. The p'ups were fine and I haven't adjusted them once since I bought it just over a year ago. The finish is great! The grain shows through the transparent cherry finish, which looks quite stunning. Would be a nice colour for a QMT. I don't think the guitar has any obvious flaws other than it's abit top heavy.

Its a Korean made SG bass, solid Mahogany body and top, mahogany neck with a rosewood fretboard, transparent Black Cherry colour, SG shaped body, 3-way adjustible bridge, passive, typical 2-vol, 2-tone plus a 3 way rotary Switch, mini humbucker in the bridge position and Sidewinder in the neck, standard grover tuners, came with a small cable and the truss key.

skwelcher
    wow, that one stupid review by mittens16(who apparently doesnt know how to work a bass) managed to bring the average score way down
    ke123nny
    Hi im thinking about getting one of these but some of the reviews on youtube dont show much playing so i was wondering is it good at rock and more heavy music? (sorry for the stuid language im a new to this :L)
    Gen.Braddock
    To the above, yes, it is very good for hard rock/heavy metal. I use flatwounds and an acoustic amp, which, along with this basses humbuckers, give me a very heavy, yet warm, sound.