EB-3 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: EB-3

Price paid: € 255

Purchased from: thomann

As a sound that bass rocks. It gives you the perfect sound of a metal and rock bass. Slap doesn't sound bad it sounds great for a player who has started now but I think it depends on what strings you put up on it. The switch 2 is awesome because that sounds is what that bass must have. Switch 3 is a metal sound with higher bass level. Don't try it with a dist pedal with a lot of distortion better use it with switch 2.

I play all the styles of music so I can't tell it suits me perfect. To make all the sounds I like I must buy a lot of pedals. I am playing 2 years and I own a Harley Benton 80w amp and a Behringer overdrive pedal. If it was stolen I would probably buy it only for my live performances. I love everything in this bass because it was my first. I wouldn't compare it with anything in this money it's the best.

I have played live a lot of songs that suits with this bass and I think that a very rock and metal bass player should give it a try. The strap isn't a good part because of the neck button but I think this guitar is fantastic for live performances.

I think that this part is very clear. I thought that the factory made this bass awesome but when I tested it in my home the first day I was really disapointed because of the bridge and the poticknobs.

I bought that bass and it is my first. It's a 2011 model made in Japan. It's fretboard is rosewood. It has mahogany body and maple neck all the other features is fantastic but I don't think its a good bass for the beginning because of the hard fretboard. I think that the frets is ok because bass frets must be like this and not as guitars