Embassy Standard review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Embassy Standard

I play all sorts of music, such as, metal, hard rock, punk, funk and blues and the bass sounds great with all. If you like Metallica you will love the great sound you can get from a distortion pedal, wah and Marshall amp. It gives a great rich and full sound with a punch, good for punk and metal, but with a tone ajustment you can get a lovley bright warm sounding bass (funk, blues). The only thing is the pickups with my hand position they get in the way, sometimes.

This is the perfect bass for a bassist who is tight on the dosh and I would recomend it to anyone. I've been playing a while now and also have a project bass. If this was stolen I would by a Fender Jazz. I love the sound you can get from it I hate the action but it's not the basses fault.

This guitar is reliable if set up properly, like all guitars, and will stand giging. It's an Epiphone so it is fairly reliable with the hardware. The strap buttons are solid just now but, you know. I have played this without a backup and is fine, not worrying at all, just always have spare strings like always.

My bass came from the net and the action was very poorly set up, but I recently played the same bass in a local store and it was set perfectly. The brass screws in the bass have been horribly painted black and just rub of in time.

The Epiphone Embassy Standard 4 string bass features 34" scale on a side tuner configuration. Originally made in kalamazoo michigan the bass has a double cutaway body with extended horns which ensures a perfect ballance while standing it also has passive pickups and is walnut colour.