Embassy Standard V review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Embassy Standard V

Purchased from: gak

I have found that it can suit many styles; soul, rock, Indie, punk, light metal. The low end on this bass is really nice with loads of clarity and sustain. Currently using a Roland cube amp with a Zoom 708-2 multi-effects, a Boss odb-1 and Ibanez synthbass 7. Also sounds good when you slap near the bridge. Have played better sounding basses but they all cost over 800quid.

It is a heavy lump of wood, metal and electronics but it is bueatifully balanced. Once you find a wide strap you don't notice the weight. I have played more expensive basses before and since buying the embassy and I would rather have the embassy. It is capable of producing many sounds, plays very well and looks good. It's a shame that it has been discontinued. If it brakes I will do my utmost to repair it and if stolen I would hunt the b/stard down.

Two years constant playing and the only thing to come loose so far are the strap posts. Jack input is still tight, the tone pots move smoothly and haven't needed to be tightened. I lent it to my mate Who was recording and he dropped it, this has had no effect on the sound just an annoying little divet in the neck at 4th fret. This bass has held up very well compared to my other bass a Vintage Metal axxe wraithe bass.

The action was set to perfection although when I changed the strings to elites I had to raise it fractionally. The strap posts have loosened slightly but with playing 8-10 hours most weeks you would expect that. The only complaint I have about the finish is with the neck, but I have encountered this on gibsons and higher priced epiphones as well, if your hands are too dry or slightly damp you tend to drag on the neck. This is easily sorted by using a small amount of talc.

Bought this bass about two years ago and have had no problems with it at all. Walnut finish on the body and head. Black hardware. 34inch standard neck. The original embassy was the flagship of the epi range but is now a professional quality but value aimed bass. Swamp Ash body, maple bolt on neck and twin humbucker.

CptRevell
    Black metal bass is pretty hard to hear in the mid-treble mixing they love so much. Some Drudkh has some clear bass bits.
    PRSfanatic
    I hate this bass. I really regret buying it for my 16th birthday. It sound horrible, and the factory setup was so bad, it sat in a corner for a month until I had the nerves to set it up. Really crappy bass, el-cheapo, and it's so heavy my neck hurts after playing it for a few minutes. I have a Yamaha RBX374, which gets all the playing time. I wanted to buy a five-string for recording in my home, and was very disappointed with this. Never again will I buy an epiphone that costs almost nothing. The thunderbird PRO is the only playable epi bass.