Explorer review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Explorer

Purchased from: mammoth music

It fits the hard rock style pretty well. There basses that would suit it better maybe. I've been playing for around 8 or 9 months. This is my only bass. If it were stolen or lost I would probably look into getting a differnt bass though.

I have used this bass live and it withstands just fine. It is a tank. I've dropped it so many damn times and not a mark on it. But it seems like after a while of having it it wears down a little. I can't explain it.

The guitar was set ok. The pickups are too close to the strings so slapping is hard cuz it always hits them and makes a clicking noise. Thats pretty much the only complaint about.

- 22 frets - Mahogany neck - 2 pickups - Gold hardware - 34" scale It has a standard Explorer body. So imagine James Hetfields guitars in S&M (besides the LP) and thats what the body looks like. Active electronics which didn't work when I tried to record our bands demo so I had to borrow a bass (it was a Stingray so I was a happy camper.) It has 2 volume knobs and 1 tone. It's got a 3 way selector.