Explorer review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Explorer

Purchased from: Andertons Music

This guitar is perfect for my style (punk/heavy metal) it has got the tone there to kick serious ass! I have been playing now for 2 years, and this is only the second guitar I like, the other being my Fender Jazz Bass. If this guitar got lost of stolen, I would probably gou out and buy a diffefernt guitar, as I am like that. The thing I love about this guitar is the low action, what I hate about it is the way the headstock is set out, it takes a bit of practice to get used to the new position for the tuners, but heck, they work! My favourite feature would definately have to be the ability to control what pickups you want to use. The only thing I wish this guitar had was a beer holder, as when I am on stage, it is hard to pick your beer up off the floor.

I have bashed her about, and dropped here here, there and everywhere. There is hardly any damage to it, it appears to be a very solid guitar, except from the finish, it is quite thin, and seems to wear off easily. I would gladly use this baby (as I have done before) as my only guitar at a live gig.

The action from the factory is set very low, the pickups seem fine, the bridge is set perfectly, the only letdown is one little flaw in the finish on the back, but that is unseen on stage, and the top of the pickguard is a little tatty.

2004 Model Epiphone Explorer bass, 22 frets, Korina body in ebony (black), standard sized Explorer body, 3 controls, 2 indipendent controls for either soapbar pickup and a tone control on a 3-way switch. Contents were, Explorer Bass, Alan Keys, and a short lead.

Eagle86
    It looks great! But if it was one more sting on that bass guitarr it would be a lite bit better!