Les Paul Deluxe Bass review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Deluxe Bass

It suits my music style, which is any and every thing I want to play. But, especially metal. It rocks for metal. I'm using it with a crappy guitar amp. Not a bass amp, and it still sounds great. When its distorted, the notes still ring clear. Almost no hum, even when I stand right by my amp. This is one of the most versatile basses I have played. Well, it's not great for slap, though I get along by changing my hand postions.

Overall, this is the best bass I've seen for the price. I've been playing for a year, but I started guitar and switched to bass. If anybody stole this, they had better hope they got out of the country, and changed his name, and got a new social security number, because, otherwise, that person would find himself facing the business end of a hot branding iron. Every morning, noon, and night. For the next seven years. To be honest, this bass has all I could possibly want.

This bass will take a lot of ass-kicking. I've only dropped it once, and that was because my strap is severely retarded. Straplocks would work, but, when you are broke, yeah. I would use this bass with no backup. Several times a day. The finish has not faded, but it has scratched due to my big-ass belt buckle.

The only fixing I had to do was the action, but that's a preference, not a defect. The pickup, due to my own unique brand of stupidity, began to fall forward to strike the strings. Using my redneck skills, I whipped out my hot glue gun, and well, the rest is history. But, beyond those, it was perfect when I bought it.

22 frets, super-slim neck. Honestly, the neck is skinnier than that of my Strat-clone. Alder body, flamed maple top. Ebony Satin finish, which is amazingly sexy. Nice LP tone, with the accustomed weight of the LPs. My shoulder muscles have actually gotten stronger from this bass alone. Weird style bridge, the ball ends kind of hook into the bridge. Passive electronics, which is cool, cause I couldn't afford the batteries anyway. Two Humbuckers, with individual volume and tone knobs. Locking tuners. No included accessories.