Les Paul Deluxe Bass review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Les Paul Deluxe Bass

The sound range is tremendous. Through my Ashdown Rig I've been able to accomplish high treble sounds and very deep and rich bass sounds. This is with an equalizer though. Hooked up unaccompanied by an equalizer it tends to have more of a Jaco Growl type of sound.

For the price you pay, you cannot get a better bass. It suits any music style. The easy adjustments is a stand-out feature. I have no major complaints about the bass and I would recommend it to beginner and professional.

The only problem I seem to have is every month the strap buttons start to come loose. Other then that I have used it through a few long gigs with out even thinking about bringing a backup. Solid axe.

When I got this bass ordered into my local dealer, the action was not what I expected it to be. I learned that this could be easily adjusted with the three-point bridge. Everything on the bass is easy to customize to how you like it. The finish on the guitar was much more stunning then the online image of the guitar. I was actually stunned by the resemblance to it's guitar counter-part.

The name Epiphone seems to scare people off, but I find that in it's price range, it is unmatched. It has a 23 fret, rosewood fret board and maple neck. The body is made from alder and flamed maple top. It carries the standard Les Paul electronics except for a 3-way pickup selecting switch. My main complaint is the weight, however, weight has always been a factor in buying any standard les paul and in my opinion is worth dealing with.

thatweirdo
    i found one at a shop for a good price, the other was an epiphone EB0 that i have heard before and sucks, this one was kind of iffy, but looking at the gibson LP bass, i would probably go with this one for looks, but the gibson for sound and quality.
    MitchRB
    No, you wouldn't. Believe me. I had a EMG 81 in my Epi Les Paul and it was made out of plywood. People don't tell you it's nice. It's like the thing where people say "Will stop playing for money".
    Slash11214
    To fix the strap screws coming loose, take them out, get a toothpick and break it in half. Then shove the toothpicks in the hole. When it wears out after a while just repeat.
    fsertojekantrib
    scottishbass123 wrote: No offence but that guitar is but ugly
    Wild Rocker
    Personally, I think its pretty cool even though its a bass. I played on at GC and its awesome, but the Les Paul Design isnt fit for it!
    IYanoplathizoI
    klow : NO! Les Paul looks awsome as a Guitar but a bass? no The design is not made for a bass. If you ask for my opinion
    agreed..... why would someone do this... but dont get me wrong i think that les paul is slightly overrated due to the fact that people just like them for the body shape.... If it sounds cool then great but if i had a guitar shaped as a lp made out of plywood that had one pickup then i would probably get told that it was "nice"
    klow
    Azraelclaw
    Toolcubus
    I think epiphone has made a beautifull guitar... And for a lot whod cheaper than Gibson's stuff. The bass is also the sexiest thing ever and i'd have sex with it mine is silverburst and it's a chick magnet.
    Van The Darksyd
    I'd like to mention, mine is in ebony with creme binding. much better looking, imho, than the whole sunburst thing.
    MaggaraMarine
    fsertojekantrib wrote: scottishbass123 wrote: No offence but that guitar is but ugly No offence, but your stupid! that is a bass, NOT a guitar, dumbass! learn to spell *BUTT* too btw...
    Bass is a guitar. It's a bass GUITAR. And learn the difference between "your" and "you're."
    Azraelclaw wrote: Whether it looks good or not is irrelevant. It's about how it plays. Bulbus idiots.
    You must remember that music isn't only something you listen to. You can attend gigs and that's why also looks matter. And I wouldn't like to play an ugly guitar no matter how great it felt in my hands because I wouldn't even try it in the guitar store. That's why it's also important for the guitar to look good or at least not ugly. You don't even want to try ugly guitars.