Thunderbird IV review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Thunderbird IV

Well, I play music that consist of metal, hardcore, black metal, and classic rock. If you are not sure of this music it consist bands rangeing from Children Of Bodom to Led Zeppelin. Anyway, The sound that comes from this bass is amazing. With the down you have a very low deep bass sound, with the tone on you get a little more punch to it. I like to have a huge "clank" so I lower my action. I have used many effects with this bass like chorus, flanger, overdrive, delay, reverb, phaser, and octivator and they all came out nicely. When pluged in the bass dose not make a sound at all, meaning that if your not playing anything there is no strange buzz.

I play music like Iron Maiden, Arch Enemy, and The Who. I can get a similliar tone to a lot of bands except Iron Maiden, and this is only because of Steve Harris' maximum output quater-pounders. If you wish to have a Steve harris tone you can lower your action just before you get a nasty fret buzz, and then turn the humbucker on closest to where you play. For a normal deep sounding bass all you would have to do is crank everything up. I use Fender amps and can find the right tone that I love. I have only been playing this for two years, but still amazed by how easily it can show me how great of a bass it really is. I would have to buy another one if this were taken from me, or lost. My favrite thing on this bass is the design. First off it looks amazing! But what I love about it is that where I place my figer-picking hand is a very comfortable spot. I never can say that this bass has given me a problem. I give the Thunderbird a 10.

This bass can stand up to a lot when it comes to realiablity. I have used this bass for all of my shows. The first time I used it at a show I had a Fender P-Bass for my backup, but only found out that I would not need a backup. The neck has not began to curve on me yet, and it has been 2 years. I have sweat a lot on this bass, and nothing has been changed with the finish. For me and probably most of you bass players this thing can really surprise you.

When I got this bass I had to see if anything was wrong with the body, neck, ect. I could not see anything wrong with the controlls, bridge, tuning pegs, frets, body, neck, or anything, but later on I would find out that my nut was poorly cut. While playing at a gig with my band I was going what you would call crazy and my nut came undone and the chord poped right out. This was the only problem I have ever had with the Thunderbird.

At a first look some bassist might fall in love with the amazing look of this instrument. I saw this bass and and had to try it out. The bass is made with a alder and maple body, a mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard which is my favrite, 2 humbucking pickups, streamlined design, the tuning keys reversed for greater functionality, and obviously volume and tone controls. One thing thats my favrite is the bridge, it slides off, and you can slide your strings on instead of looping them through. The only downside is is that the bass is top heavy, which isnt too bad.

Nerdo-sez-bo
    beeboshain : worst and most ugly bass ive ever seen, so horrible to play aswell
    You think that because you are socially retarded good sir.
    Ashdownlover
    heard some thunderbirds and loved em. are the worth the investment and maybe an active mod?
    Welsh Guitar
    yeah thinderbirds sound great! i hear one for the first time yesterday in a small pub gig, without effects and everything, its one of the best sounding basses ive ever heard, apart from 1000+ instruments like stingrays and things! im gonna get one of these!
    the_guy
    yeh it sounds lovely, especially on a high tone setting, but the low E string is way too quiet, which is a bit of a problem if you play metal or stuff where you neeed to be heard.
    metalbassist12
    This bass is amazing. I have the goth version and it kicks @$$ in both sound and looks. Kinda wish they made a 5 string version
    cusic
    I tried this bass out when a friend of mine was looking around for a new bass, and even i found it great to play
    loeuf
    I have this bass in alpine white and juste loooove it!!! There are only 2 things I don't like about this bass : the difficult access to the upper frets and the weight of it! but I can live with those 2 defaults Anyway I just love it (and the color too!!!)
    solitudes stevo
    picked up mine the other day "arctic white limited edition epiphone thunderbird IV" the recept read... *sigh* so freakin kool! the first time i saw one i knew i had to have one and now i do lol $1000 bux nz and worth every cent. only downside, like evryones said, is the strap pins being put in the typical guitar place and throwing it off balance. i guess that comes with the shape.. besides that great bass