Thunderbird IV review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Thunderbird IV

It suits my style Pretty well. I play mostly metal and classic rock. I use it with a Behringer BX300 30 Watt amp. The pickups are virtually noiseless. It has a Full, Dark, and Funk style tone. I can get a lot of differant tones out of this bass. I can play anything from Funky Slap style lines, to dark Gritty Bass Lines.

I play lots of metal and classic rock sot this thing matches me perfectly. I have been playing bass for a litle over 6 years. I am happy with my decision and would buy another one if I could afford it. If it were stolen I would defintatly buy anther one of these basses. I love everything about this bass, and regret nothing. My favorite feature is the playabillity on this bass. I chose this one becouse I liked the look of it and had heard good reveiws on this bass. The only thing I wish it had was a pickup selector switch.

I have yet to gig with this bass so I don't know how well it would stand up, but I do beleive it will be my main Bass for the future gigs. I always put strap locks on my basses and guitars so I wouldn't know how the stock strap bottons are. It is a very dependable bass, and I would use it without a backup if I had too. The finish is strong enough to not chip or ding when It was dropped so It will Last a long time.

This Bass was set up almost perfect when it came except for the strings. The action is set really low so I was happy with it. I would suggest throwing some DR's or Elixers on it as soon as it comes to you. The pickups were set up at just the right hight and the bridge is routed perfect. It was flawless when it came to me.

It was made in China on May 1st 2007. It has 20 jumbo Frets. It has a solid mahogany body and neck. It has a beautiful Vintage sunburst finsh. It has a thunderbird/ Firebird body style. It has a badass 2 Bridge. A giant plus is the active Electronics. It has 2 Volume and one Tone knob. It has 2 Emg Bass Humbucker Pickups. The Tuners are just standard Non Locking Tuners. All that was included was a Truss rod Adjustment wrench and a cable.

Stage_Fiend111
    When I play my thunderbird, I feel as if it wraps around me. There is one thing i dont like about it. Access to the upper most frets (17 to 20). It really bugs me.
    Doug-twinn
    I cant really fault the bass itself, although i have only had the bass for 2 days i have to say i am nothing but impressed by it. I love the whole feel of the bass and the sound impress's me everytime that i hear it. But what annoys me is the strap and the weight of the bass. Great bass though no doubt about it.
    SlashIsGod091
    im thinking about getting one of these, or i might get the epiphone nikki sixx thunderbird for $20 more at musiciansfriend. i havent decided yet