Thunderbird IV review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Thunderbird IV

I play heavy, grindcore styles of music and it seems to fit it perfectly when I tried it, sounds amazing, really low and bassy with a slight hint of grunt in it. I used a Trace Elliot 200W Amp when I tried it at SoundControl and it sounded soo good, it was astonishing. Not much variety on sound but it's un-needed as the sound it normally produces was astonishing.

As I said, I play heavy music and it fits in well, looking perfect. I've only tried it out but I was blown away by how good it was, I own a Warwick 60W Blue Cab which will sound amazing with it I know. I want to try it out before buying it but I know I will love it all over again lol. If it were stolen, I would definately buy it again because in my opinion, it's the best bass out there at this time. I love the Alpine White finish on the body, the only small thing I don't like is the white outline on the head of the bass, still, I will love it due time. I would maybe compare it to the Dean Z-Tour bass just because those are the two basses I've been looking at and because the shape is almost similar. I wish I had it now!

Really light bass so you can swing it around on stage with ease and have good fun with it. Looks all perfect hardware and has a long use without degrading. Very dependable bass, never die down on you, really sound bass and no-technical errors should be occured. The finish looks perfect, the Alpine White looks sharp and smart and really attractive.

Easy to play bass and fun to play. Pickups were adjucted nicely and sounded good. No flaws of any sort and all sounded like it should of done. The wood is perfectly made and plays soo nicely and the only slight flaw is that there were finger marks on the body but that's because it was displayed in a music store.

Thunderbird VI is a distinctive shape known as the reverse-body, looks amazing. 20 frets on a maple neck. Reverse body as I said before. Passive electronics. Black hardware. Limited Edition Alpine White finish. No accessories included, the hard-case for this bass is a bit expensive at 120 but I'm soon getting it as I want to take care of my Thunderbird at all costs.

Marilyn Reznor
    I really do like Thunderbirds, and almost bought one. But the more I play it, the more I just really don't like how it feels. It sounds pretty good, but I just can't get the feel for it. So, I think every bass player should consider getting one, but make sure you spend some time with it first.
    olithebass
    georgous lookin bass. dont think it was designed very well though. Id buy one If I won alot of money on something. having said that Id probably buy the gibson as apparently there is a big gibson. until then Ill stick with the fender and my 4 other guitars lol
    Cobalt Blue
    I've always liked T-birds, the Gibson i had played at the store i work at years back was great... I played this in long & McQuade couple weeks ago. I loved it. in the next few paychecks i'm probably going to get them to order me one... they only had it in white and i want it in sunburst.
    Horus195ED
    great bass, but the neck dive is a real bitch, epi should really change the strap buttons
    Shredder Guitar
    bassbizzle wrote: Trivium1391 wrote: best bass out there absolutely not
    lmao that was good - owned
    VALISICUS
    This bass is not at all versitile. You can't pop, slap, or play anything stylisticaly diverse. Sure it looks nice and has a decent tone, but my Peavey is louder and i can get almost any sound i want unlike this one.
    VALISICUS
    bassbizzle wrote: most epiphones suck, ibanez kicks the shit out of this thing
    most ibanezs suck. there's better basses out there. what do you fellas think of traben?? www.trabenbass.com email me back valisicus@hotmail.com
    maguire
    I played this at a store and it's kickass - I'm thinking of getting it and switching the strings to BEAD. Would it work?