Thunderbird IV review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Thunderbird IV

Price paid: A$ 700

Purchased from: Rock Shop

The sound is amazing, goes great for alternative-metal, to soft rock, then back to hardcore/ heavy metal. great bass, great sound. can't go wrong. I run it through a Fender Rumble 60 and it's great, I use quite a few effects with it, distortion, wah, phaser, tremolo, reverb, and it moulds into the effect giving a great sound. I love using it with both distortion and wah at the same time, such an amazing sound.

My overall impression of it was amazing, I love this bass from the amazing shape to the tobacco sunburst colour. Has an amazing feel just having strapped around your shoulders. A great bass for the bassist who wants to be noticed. And at such a great price.

As I said before the body is mahogany so it is heavy but strong, the length of the neck combined with the weight of the headstock 'causes it to kneck dive. No matter what guitar I had I would always have a back-up. You just never know what could go wrong. the strap buttons were loose and one fell out when I first got it but I replaced them with strap locks and glued them in with woodworking pva and the've been completely reliable ever since, even after high energy shows.

It was a shame that when I got it the action was so low that it caused fret buzz, had slight chips in the neck and the strap button fell out (thankfully only at paractise). but after all that was fixed, she played like a beaut, one of the nicest basses I have played.

Features included free cables and a perfect fit epiphone hardcase. As for the actual guitar itself, two humbuckers create amazing lows, the bridge allows for easy action change, just three screws to turn. Mahogany Body which makes it a bit heavy but it's a beast, I've dropped it, banged it, even used it to hit the cymbals while doing a show and it didn't even scratch it. Deffinantly built to last.

Ironpriest
    bradh2414 : is the nikki sixx balckbird bass any different really? is it even good?
    Yeah I'm a guitar player and thinking of playing some bass for fun, maybe in a few bands. since I worship motley crue I have my eye on the nikki sixx one, it's not even expensive!
    roundwoundsound
    Carcinogenic
    Ibanez8822 wrote: what kind of pickups does this have because I've heard Gibson and emg
    They're passive humbuckers. But they sound great.
    David12390
    roundwoundsound wrote: David12390 wrote: I wasn't impressed when I tried it out at my local guitar shop :l. then maybe the bass just isnt you.but no one really cares whether you were impressed or not.
    In the comments section, we post comments on what we think of the instrument in question. If you don't care to read or understand what a comments section is, then should I really care if you don't care if it didn't impress me?
    crimson_X
    which one is better the regular Epiphone thunderbird lv bass or Epiphone Goth Thunderbird IV Bass
    ttbird
    The regular thunder bird is better then again I have a Custom shop.
    bentot147
    I'm planning to buy this bass, would I or not?.. and what is the best bass effects w/ this bass?.. also what bass strings would i use a roundwound, flatwound or groundwound?.. I'm in a progressive metal/rock band.. please give me some info.. tnx..
    Razgriz_101
    such a great bass to play,Rammstein sounds rather badass on this.Does hold its own with a few songs like She-Green Day really loves to thump that line xD my guitarist was peed cause i was just edging him out in most of the song.