Thunderbird IV review by Epiphone

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Epiphone: Thunderbird IV

Well all I can say is this bass guitar can come out with most sounds you wont, all you need to do is play around with that toe nob, I play most styles of music from heavy metal to funk and I gotta say it can create both sounds and more for those genres. I use a White Horse BP 80 bass amplifier and a Zoom B2.1u, it goes well with both.

I play most styles, for home use and not alot of livee playing this things ok, but other than that I would NOT reccomend one. If it was stolen the first thing I would do is go out and buy a Fender or Traben as the quality is far better from my experience playing them. To be tottally truthful apart from the sound this bass hast given me a very positive impresion on epiphones quality.

Well once near enough all times I've had playing wih this at shows its broken down on me, when I lowered the action the pegs for the tun-o-matic bridge came out of the body and wouldn't stay in so I had to super-glue them back in, not the best idea but with out a back up guitar with me what was I supposed to do? The harware set up is just horrible I've had to resolder the wire from one of the pots to the jack 3 times now and to be honest its getting on my nerves. The strap buttons are waaay out and cause extreme dive, from personal experience I can not say I would depend upon this bass.

Well the set up wasn't the best I've had from factory but it wasn't terrible the only thing I had to change was the action as it came waaaay to high. The bridge was terribly routed I cannot change the action on this bass or the poles will come out, even with the super glue, which was a terrible idea but hey I had no choice at the time.

It was made in china, it has 20 frets mahogany body, reverse body, much like the Gibson version, its actually the goth version with the XII inlay on the 12 fret. IT has a Tune-O-Matic bridge, the pick-ups are 2 t-bird pluss pick-ups and has 2 volume, one for each pick-up and a tone nob, the tuners are non locking.