LTD B-206SM review by ESP

ESP: LTD B-206SM

This bass performs wonderfully. I play Hardcore Progressive Death Metal with it, and it pumps out an awesomely full powerful sound. I'm running through a Behringer BRX1800H 180 Watt head [clean channel] and an Acoustic B115 cabinet. I only put it through a Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor Pedal. It does have the natural six string ring to it, but with my NS-2 that's eliminated. I run it full volume, medium balance, full bass and treble boost, and no change to the mids.

I play metal and this guitar is certainly up for the challenge. It's got a smooth easy to play fretboard and it's super easy to travel across the neck. I've played bass for 4 years, and I own one other bass myself, and have been playing a friends. My other bass is a Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse Special bass, and my friends is a Warwick $$ Corvette 5 string. I bought this bass without ever playing it and to be honest I've never been happier on a bass. I've played it back to back with several guitars costing double or triple the price and they just don't compare to this one. I would most certainly buy another one of these wonderful ESP's. I might buy another one of the exact same just in case something happens to this one. I don't hate anything about this guitar, although it is quite weighty. It's taken some getting used to considering it weighs around 16-20 lbs depending on if your carrying it in a hardcase. I love the EQ on this. I'm a tone freak and I love the extra ability to customize my sound. I compared it to a Schecter Stiletto Custom 6 string, and liked the sound and feel of this bass better. It's got everything I need on it.

Mine has held up to rough practices 3 or 4 times a week and several shows. The hardware hasn't given me any trouble. I did replace the strap buttons with some Schraller Strap Locks. I use it on every gig without a back up. It's completely solid. I can't complain about the finish. It's got a strong coat, and I doubt I'll have to replace it.

It was set up perfectly from factory settings, I just had to tune it, and I hardly had to do that. Everything was in tip top shape when I received it in the mail. I've never had to adjust anything on this bass. Even the strings were great! I have yet to change the strings on it, and I've had it since August.

Year: 2009 Made in Indonisia. 24 XJumbo frets on a 35" Rosewood fretboard with abalone inlays Spalted Maple top, on an Ash body with a Bolt on Maple-Walnut neck Natural satin top Strat style body Just a regular bass bridge set up. Active electronics Volume Tone and an ESP 3 band EQ (Bass, Mids, Treble) 2 ESP-LTD Active six string Pickups ESP-LTD Black Chrome tuners, non locking. No extras included.

Slovak_Ghost
    JohnMerrick wrote: wooooow looks badass...i like it ! how much did you pay for it ?
    they go for aroun 400-500 bucks
    COBHC_Erick429
    Most stores are selling it for like around $450. I got it for $400, gotta love the employee discount =P I love mine, and im saving for another for a different tuning.
    DarkValo666
    Damn, you could probably use this fretboard as a snowboard. But this is a damn beauty...
    6stringbassist
    I picked mine up for 440$, and yes the neck is pretty big, but it's amazingly comfortable. It's super flat on the back so your thumb stays put. I can't play anything else. Once I get the money I'm going to get another one for sure. As to the Progressive Hardcore Death Metal, check my band out. www.myspace.com/tasteslikemurdermusic we don't have music recorded yet, but we do have a video up. We also have a few videos of us posted on youtube.
    6stringbassist
    Also the one downfall it has, is getting the ESP B series hard case for it, you have to cut the foam away about a 1/4" on the bottom horn otherwise it won't fit, but otherwise it's quite snug. I just used a razorknife, and cut the foam away little by little until it fit, then took double sided tape and taped the cloth back on. Hahaha.
    The Henge
    I spotted this in the Rockshop in NZ. It is f--ing gorgeous. I could not resist. Had a quick play in the shop and had to try it at the studio. It is an excellent buy for what you get. Could go for the Limited edition 6-string but hate to pay that price. Another reason why I'm keen on this 6-string...Will be setting up with the previous version of the Roland VBass system. Fits perfectly in a SKB deluxe case Now extinct Founder-Bass player: Stonehenge (New Zealand)
    Lanzarote
    This is an awesome bass. I played both the 5 and 6 string version and they are both just fantastic. For the price (around 450) you can't find a finer instrument. Finish is just perfect. Action and playability are superb, and the sound is really good. A great punch and a very bright and defined tone. I have just ordered the 5 string version (which has string-tru-body-bridge, unlike the 6 string, which has a normal bridge). I bought this next to my Cort Artisan A5 and Fender Std Jazz bass. But I think I will be playing this a lot!!! I play in a smooth jazz and chillout band, but my favorite is more funk and blues. This bass can do all of that.