LTD B-55 review by ESP

ESP: LTD B-55

I've played it with a wide range of styles of music and effects and it seems to produce a fairly decent sound for most genres and clearly produce effects such as flange, wah, delay and reverb. It gives a great low ended bassey sound and with adustments to your amp settings it can offer nice clear or plucky high tones. The noise is fairly controlled as long as you have a correct level of treble bass and mid settings on your amp it should sound great even on the highest volume. I use it through a Roland cube-100 so I'm unsure how it will sound in a lower quility amp.

I have based my ratings on the quility for the price payed. But my review may not be too great seen as I've only played a few other basses and this was my first owned. It will produce a great sound for any genre and style, just toggle with amplifier settings. there's nothing I hate about it, I just love the quility it offers as the cheapest and lowest range ESP 5 string. It's a great choice if you want a cheap 5 string. If it was lost or stolen I woudln't buy the same model, but only because I feel I want to move up to more expensive and higher quility basses, but it has made me want to buy another ESP.

I have now owned mine for just under 2 years, there hasn't been a single problem in hardware during practices or gigs. Although if I hadnt noticed the strap button was loose I'm sure it would eventualy have come out. I find this bass to be completly dependable. The finish seems it will last although if hits somthing hard, the paint will chip.

I recieved it with no problems, the action was perfect, the pickup and electronic cavity's were very neat and accurate. As was the neck slot. Overall it was extremly well fit, the one concern was that the upper strap button became loose and needed tightening, as did the volume control, but this was after a year of use. The finish was perfect and is a nice shiney clear black. It is a fairly heavy bass even for a 5 string, I think it could do with a few more trims and cutaways.

Unsure of where or when this model was made. Maple neck/Rosewood fingerboard. Bolt on construction. 24 XJ frets. Thin you neck contour. Dot inlays, B-55 inlayed on 12th fret. 5 string. Basswood body, 2 body cutaways. Laquered black finish. ESP DB-5 adjustable bridge.ESP LDJ/LDP pickup set. ESP ATB-1 Active Tone Boost electronics. 2 volume/1 tone controls. Chrome hardware. ESP tuners.

TheMeese_2
    I own this bass, and it is absolutely marvelous. It is the finest 5-string bass I've played in a long time, and I love it. I would give it a solid 9-9.5, subtracting a point or a half point because my hardware that holds the strap on is completely loose, and falls out constantly. Aside from that, absolutely brilliant!
    Emergancy Exit
    maybe the hardware falls off because the owners of this bass dont own the tools to properly tighten
    TANKER69
    I own this bass and i must say it is far better then most basses that cost 3 times as much and i wouldnt trade her for anything.
    Sprizz
    Yep, ESP B-55 Owner Myself I have the same problems as everyone else top strap button and the volume nob got loose... But are both easily fixed... Some saw dust and wood glue for the strap button and an allan wrench for the nob...Easy stuff
    davasei
    Well, I think it must have more colour to be more impressive, but if the sound has a 10 i would like it!!
    Sam ESP LTD
    I did actually enter i price i don't know why it hasn't come up. But i got it for 170 thats $330. And i put sound 10 because for that price it is way above what i expected. Hope that clears any problems.
    hiimwilson2010
    i hav this bass too its amazing. i love it i bought it on musicians friend for $200 plus shipping the knobs fall off a lot for me, but thats cuz i kinda pulled them off b4 accidentally.... xD o well but i highly recommend it to anyone. its a great buy