LTD B-55 review by ESP

ESP: LTD B-55

This bass screams metal. I needed a 5 string for low tunings (as far as drop A). I'm running it through a very "crappy" amp (Ibanez BT-10) and it still manages to give me an awesome sound overall with low ends. Noise (even with my amp) is at a minimum making this bass almost silent (when idle). Tweaking the amp and knobs the range of sound that this bass can give you is pretty wide. To top it off for the perfect sound (for me), I slapped on Ernie Ball Bass 5 Slinkies (45-130).

I play metal (thrash, death). And this bass serves that fact well both with sound and looks. If it were stolen, I'd do my best to break the theif's face and if it were lost, I'd have to buy another one. I love the sleek black Shine it gives off. With 24 frets, sleek looks, low "B" string, and the reliability ESP; this bass is perfect.

It's very durable. I've dropped it a few times and not a scratch. It's perfect for Live playing, though I wouldn't go on stage without a back up in case of string snapping. Other than that, this will be the only bass you'll use all night. The hardware looks good enough to depend on for years.

When I got it, I didn't notice any flaws. The pickups were adjusted perfectly. The actions was great right out of the box. All I had to do was tune it and it was a dream. The bridge is perfect, making string changes easy. The looks aren't half bad as far as hardware. The finish does, however, leave fingerprints, but this can be fixed by simply cleaning it.

It didn't come with anything. It didn't really need anything. It was fine just as it was. It has 24 frets. Agathis body, making this baby Shine. It's got a 34 in scale maple neck with a rosewood fretboard. Dot inlays with the model name on the 12th fret. 2 volume 1 tone knob. ESP LDJ/LDP set pickups.

hartkeplayer
    execution_666
    hartkeplayer wrote: In the same price range, the Washburn XB-125 kicks the hell out of this one, I know, I own them both and there was only $50 difference.
    Maybe, but I've had some bad experience with Washburn.
    Malpha66
    I recently bought this bass used and i love it. i haven't had any problems with the strap buttons, but my volume knob falls off as well. regardless, i like the range of tones i can get with this bass. plus it sounds awesome through my distortion pedal
    lordoftheflies6
    i own this bass...got it for 200$ from american musical supply magazine. plays great, sounds great and an amazing buy for two hundres bucks but my volume knob fell out, and i lost it and i can't find a replacement its also a very nice looking guitar...even down to teh hardware i love it
    lazydude554
    I bought this bass with the intention to sell it for a better bass later, but once i really had a chance to play with it, i realised just how good it actually was. I got this for 270 from playback, but i know if it got lost or stolen that i would get a K5, no doubt
    iplay4luv
    This is my second bass and i gotta tell ya, this is such a great buy. 10's across the board. ive had this bass for 9 months and ive hadnt had a single problem yet.its very very versatile and just plain amazing. i would definitely recommend it to a beginner and a pro(for lack of a better word)