LTD B-55 review by ESP

ESP: LTD B-55

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I play many styles mainly metal. I play this bass through a little bit of compresion and a Peavey amp and this thing roocks. It can go from just full out metal to funk with just some nob adjustments. slap on some dadarrios and get ready to rock because this bass can deliver those thuderous lows with that b string.

I've been playing bass for almost two years so I'm not a total illiterate at bass and overall I can tell you tha this thing owns. One thing I could have wished for is that it would have come with better pickups but then agai what were you expecting froma $220 bass?

Durability shouldn't even be questioned. ESP is a company that you know your getting a durable instrument and my owning of this bass is a testament to that. This bass has been smacked into thisngs droped and every time that happens it continues to work unphased by what just happened.

It came out of the box ready to rock. after owning the bass for a few weeks I decided to raise the pickups up closer to the low strings because while the pickups came setup great I needed my lows to be a little more powerful so I raised it up to get some more low end punch. The silver finish was great. As I said before I got the silver finish because my old bass was black and while black is still a good finish for any guitar for me I needed something diffrent so I decided to get silver. The finish is also very durable. It's been smacked into doors once or twice and the finsh hasent even shown a mark.

mine is a 2007 model with 24 jumbo frets with a rosewood fingerboard over a maple neck. I got the silver finish(I was sick of my other black bass). It's an agathis body with passive electronics, 2 volume and one tone nob. it also can with a classic P/J pickup configuration. one comment I hear about the neck from some that have played this is that is really big and I have to disagree for me the neck is a very nice fit in my hand and is very comfortable this my be due to that fact that my hands a little large but that's besides the point. I give the features a nine because it may not have a numerous amount of extra fancy features but I don't want a whole bunch of nobs covering my bass if I don't even know what there used for. Also this bass has really good features for a bass that costs so little.

HannibalX
    this is an entry 5 stringer from ESP, how can it be rated 10? so its the same as the f514 by that standards..what non sense.. i'd rate it a solid 7.5 maybe 8 but yes, i do not argue that for the price this is t3h bass out there..gladly a 9.5 (strictly for the price)
    6con6man6
    nice im thinking of getting this... one thing... does it slap well?? may be a stpid question but oh well someone send me a message please much apprecited