LTD B-55 review by ESP

ESP: LTD B-55

Purchased from: GUITAR CENTER

This bass sounded great right out of the box other than tuning it up. The factory just had it tuned at ADGDG which was cool since I tuned it right up to standard and sounded great. Nice low end, great mids without sounding too middy (sp?) and the tone is right on the money and very presise with whatever I do on it. You can here every little pick tap when I hit the string. I play hardcore so I wanted a bass with good sustain, lots of bottom yet very punchy and this bass delivered. I was playing a $549 Ibanez 505 5 string with Bartolini MK1 pickups and I like this bass sound better than that one.

Play hardcore metal, good match for me, playing 22 years, I play through a 1000watt Carvin RL1000 bass head, 800w 4x10 carvin cab, and a 600w 15" Carvin cab ran full range bridged. This stack is a f--king monster! Would definitely buy another if stolen but that wont happen! Love everything about it, hate nothing, love the black and chrome and sharp looking headstock with ltd on it, the only thing I might ever change is change the chrome hardware to all black hardware but that would be way down the road. Overall a kicka-s bass, for the price or not, just a kicka-s bass, very happy!

I haven't played out yet with it but seems durable, hardware seems secure and tight, strap buttons solid, this is my primary bass now and see no need for a backup, never used a backup at any of my hundreds of gigs, never needed one. Finish seems fine for now but time will tell.

Killer black paintjob like a mirror, chrome hardware sets off the black great, factory setup was dead on for my style, adjusted pickups in like 60 seconds, every nut and bolt were tight and it came out perfect. All I did was change the battery because it had a generic one I haven't ever heard of before but that was nothing.

I've got smaller hands so playing a 5 string for years I have always played Ibanez for the skinnier neck but this esp is the same way. A big plus for me. Its like I'm playing a seven string guitar. Like buttah! I love the passive pickups and the way you can sound thinner or more ballsy just by picking it within 2 or 3 inches, came with the allen wrenches but I already had a $150 hardshell bass case and it fit perfectly inside. Very ecstatic about the bass!