LTD F-104 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-104

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Sounds great for metal and hard rock. I only use this bass in drop c and d standard. Sounds amazing with a set of heavy elixir nanoweb strings. Not a lot of buzz. Really good low notes and pretty good high notes. I use this bass on a Crate amp and it sounds really good. I'm sure it would sound even better with a nice Ampeg amp.

This bass is great for metal. The only thing that pissed me off was when I had to mess with the truss rod and action. I think ESP should have paid a little more attention to what they were doing but whatever. Besides that though, the bass is great for beginners to really experienced players and especially for the price.

I would definitely use this bass for Live performances. You won't lose it due to those stupid little strap buttons that come on some guitars, these ones keep the bass put. I was really surprised by how light this bass actually is. I have really bad shoulders so this bass is great for that. I can stand for a few hours at a time and not feel it on my shoulder.

The bass came in great condition for the most part. I had to tune the truss rod a little bit because it wasn't tuned right when I got it and I had to play with the action a little bit too. The instruction manual tells you how to do this if you're not sure how to.

24 frets, maple neck with rosewood fretboard, thin neck which definitely helps you move up and down the fretboard quickly and accurately, glossy black finish, bright chrome hardware, has a normal body shape but has crazy points and curves, active ESP pickups; volume, bass boost, treble boost, and balance controls.

froggyman
    COBHC_Erick429
    froggyman wrote: So this is a good bass?? some douche bag just made a blank all zero review to lower the rating!
    COBHC_Erick429
    COBHC_Erick429 wrote: the best 4 string i ever owned, and i would trade it or sell it for the world.
    WOULDNT***
    Luis H
    This bass is really good, the neck is soo smooth that it makes sliding pretty easy, compared to other basses. Its a must have if you play alternRock or AlternMetal.
    froggyman
    COBHC_Erick429 wrote: froggyman wrote: So this is a good bass?? thanks, i might need to exchange my ibanez and will definitely try this one out... some douche bag just made a blank all zero review to lower the rating! its a GREAT bass. since i bought that ESP, i went on to buy a 5 string Ibanez and a Musicman Bongo 6. But i always end up playing this at the end of the day. the best 4 string i ever owned, and i would trade it or sell it for the world. when i bought it the action was really high, but once i got that fixed and got it all set-up it sounds AMAZING. and its cheap too, you def get more than what your paying for.