LTD F-104 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-104

Price paid: € 300

Purchased from: Musique Point Com

I play mostly metal, all kinds of metal, and it fits perfectly. I play it through either a Behringer amp (not recommended) or a Roland Cube 100 Bass and it delivers any sound I want, it's not noisy at all. I can get a smooth tone, a raw sound, warm bright sound, anything that comes into my mind. What I use most is overdriven sound with boosted lows, for metal or rock this is perfect. As it's an ESP bass, you won't play blues or jazz or whatever with this, it's a metal bass. But for rock it's good as well.

To recap: Beginner metal bass with really good features and solid construction, showing no traces of getting tired of being used after one year of intense playing. If it were stolen or lost, either I would get myself the same one again, or I would get the real ESP Forest Bass (depending on if we sign up until then). What do I love about it? The original shape, the versatile sound, the thin neck (oh yeah I didn't say that before, the bass is NOT neck heavy)... What do I hate about it? Nothing. I would have preferred a neck-through bass but I didn't have the cash to get myself the LTD F-400 series bass. But as I don't really need the last frets and the super sustain of neck-through construction, I'm not missing anything with the 104. I compared it to a lot of Ibanez basses, but this one is definitely better because it's perfectly balanced and cheap. 300 bucks for such a monster is the best deal I've ever made with an instrument. Highly Recommended!

It's a very solid bass, I like to use it while rehearsing (we don't play live YET), and it seems it's going to last quite a long time. Strap buttons are solid, but anyway straplocks would be cheap if you're somehow paranoid. Finish is excellent and like the rest, it's still in perfect shape. As I'm quite paranoid myself, I will get myself a backup bass as soon as we will start to perform live, but I'm sure I won't need it very often. As I said many times before, this bass is killer and solid.

It was set up perfectly when I got it, no flaws, no nothing, action just as I needed it, as I said it was perfect. I've played it for one year or so, no oxidation, it's still like it was when I got it. The hardware is of excellent quality. No problems with the bridge, nor with the tuners or the truss rod. The electronics too are in perfect shape, no rusted knobs or anything.

LTD Standard Series F 104 Bass, Made in 2008 in China. No included accessories Standard features, this bass is not a pro instrument, but for beginners. And its features for such kind of bass are excellent.

ZCL666
    im selling one of these for $300 with a hardshell case if you want it reply on my forum please!