LTD F-205 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-205

Purchased from: ebay

I'm playing much of everything from folk and etnic music to death metal. Never had any problems with the sound of this bass. All the frequencies are on their places and the tone is great. You can get pretty much any sound, which You desire. Very rich sound. Never had any noisyness. Tried the bass with several effects and amps. Usually it's played through a Warwick BC 300 amp and Boss ODB-2 pedal during metal-play and without the pedal for rest of the music. Getting a good soud from this instrument is easy, you just need to know how to set the EQ on it and the amp.

Great match for me. This half-o-year spent with this bass even changed my style of play a bit. I played a B.C.Rich Warlock, an ESP B-104 and an Epiphone Thunderbird Pro. Nothing is compared to the ESP F-205. It is conveniet for the player, sounds great and looks awesome. Would not recomend this bass for a begginer, since You should know how to get the best of all the equitment You own, before You will hear the power of this instrument.

You can easily kill someone with this axe, and the guitar will stay alive. It does not detune after hours of slaping and shreading it with the pick. On a live gig I would have a back-up guitar, just in case the strings are doomed or the battery is dead. The painwork is good and does not fall after hitting something and all the hardware does it's work in a proper way.

I guess, that the previous owner gared about his guitar and the condition and set-up was perfect everywhere. Everything was adjusted the way it should. I've just needed to ajust the brigde, because I use really fat strings.

I bought this bass on ebay some half a year ago. It's manufacture year is 2003, so a pretty "experienced" instrument, but it looked like "right from the factory". It has 24 XJ frets, mahogony body, solid top, 2 EMG 40-HZ pickups, active EMG electronics, rosewood fingerboard, ESP tuners and bridge. Everything I've needed for a bass that I would play in the studio or on the gig.

seitengewehr
    topjimi1994 wrote: you said you would recomend it if you have experiance whant if you do with a 4-string and want to move up too 5 i have a epiphone thunderbird which is a good one to start out with but not ment more metallica which i mostley play
    Never had problems switching beetwen 4 and 5 stringed basses. For me it was easy.